Ratings for Dr. Joseph Costanzo

Excellent physician. He is smart, knowledgeable, honest and uses a great deal of common sense, and for this reason he is constantly booked and sometimes hard to get but will gladly reach out to you whenever he can.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Costanzo for many years. He is one of the most patient and knowledgeable internists that I have ever worked with. When there is an issue, he usually can figure out what the problem is within a short period of time. Even though he has a good idea what the issue may be, he will not take chances. He will make the referral to a specialist for follow up. H doesn't believe in the wait and see approach. I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Costanzo. He is a very special doctor and person.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Costanzo for over 10 years and I find him very friendly, knowledgable, and reassuring. Great Internist. I rarely have to wait more than a couple minutes and the staff are friendly and competent.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I once saw a Kids in the Hall comedy skit where a doctor said that he really enjoyed his job because all he did was issue referrals, that he collected large sums for sending patients elsewhere. Well, Dr. C. reminds me of this doctor. I'd been to see him a few times and can tell you that all he did was send me elsewhere, even for things that quite honestly, he should have been able to handle himself. How do I know he should have been able to handle these things himself? Well, when I spoke to the doctors to whom he referred me, they came up with remarkably easy fixes (literally a band-aid in one case). Also, he never read my chart -- it's as if I'm a new patient every time I see him. Honestly, every time I leave his office, I feel as if I've wasted my time. I've since gone to another practice and have had much better experiences. Expectations are everything and maybe mine are too high but a doctor should do more than direct traffic, right?

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Been going to Dr. Costanzo for many years. Staff is always polite, friendly, and punctual. The doctor is thorough and really listens to my questions and concerns and explains himself very well.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2006

Dr. Joseph Costanzo's Credentials

• Spanish

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1987)