Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth J. Maxwell

Dr. Maxwell is an excellent physician. She spent ample time with me and answered all of my questions in a way that was easy to understand. I really felt like she cared about both my physical and emotional well being.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Hippocratic Oath means nothing to her. Moving from private practice to a health care conglomerate has shown me that money outweighs patient well-being.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Excellent Dr, very through. Spent more time with me that no other doctor has spent.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

She was kind and compassionate and spent a lot of time with me addressing me as a whole person. I have never had a doctor care about me like that in the past. so happy that she came into my life. She has been especially kind with my older mother.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I had been going to her for 5 years, in the beginning she seemed thorough, thoughtful and nice. The front/and nurse staff seem unorganized and have changed a lot. Especially the young nurse who takes your blood pressure. Last year she took it on my elbow, this year she took it and put the stethoscope upside down on the cuff and not my arm, what was she listening to? She never has seemed confident when taking mine. Overall they have made many mistakes and when I express my dislike for this they actually tried to turn it around on me and that is extremely unprofessional. Dr. Maxwell her self crossed some ethical boundaries with me. They never returned my phone calls and again put it on me wondering which line I left my message. Going there for the past 3 years has each time been a regretful experience on my end. After they assured me this last time they would call my prescription in right, it was again called in wrong. This is not how one should feel about their practitioner & staff.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

I had many awful experiences at this office. When I first started going to Dr. Maxwell it was for Asthma and she was pushing skin care on me. It seems like now the new thing is herbal remedies. All of these things she sells in her office. They always recommend expensive blood work. My ins. company told me my labs were coded wrong and I was billed too much. Dr. Maxwell's very rude staff refused to change codes, which my ins company said should be no problem. I hate to sound petty but the last and final time I went there was a very unclean woman at the front desk who was so very rude! They never call you back, do not get prescriptions right, and push drugs you don't need. One time a prescription was called in for me that we didn't even discuss at my visit. Many times they called prescriptions in to the wrong pharmacy. This office should be closed!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I had been a patient there for a while. My last visit was awful. I got there early waitied 65 minutes to get in a room. Talked to nurse. After 35 minutes in room she came back to say I needed to make appt for bloodwork and another DR vist before they could see me. Took my co-pay for NOTHING. I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes waiting. Poor office staff up front and just plain crappy service. Dr Maxwell was great 2 years ago but now? NO. Will not go back. Should be negative 5 stars.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Very thorough on first exam, but she has continually gravitated toward recommending herbal medications (ones that she sells at her front desk) as opposed to traditional, proven medicine. She can be curt and condescending, and tends to ignore any issues with her staff, which is a shame. Her staff has an extraordinarily high turnover rate, and do not appear to be concerned with customer service at all. Calls to her office are not returned, prescription renewals are not responded to in a prompt manner. The staff seems to be castoffs from minimum-wage jobs.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Showed care and concern. Very helpful and love the supplements available.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Her office staff recently changed and they are the worst staff of any office ive ever seen. They WILL NOT CALL YOU BACK. You wait 3+ days, and if you try to call and remind them sooner, they are rude. The receptionist always sounds snotty and another who answers the phone is condescending. Dr. Maxwell herself is great but her staff makes it not even worth it, i can go to an average dr. with an average staff and be happier than a good dr. and a terrible staff. She needs to fire the two girls who answer the phone and whoever is responsible for returning the nurse line question/calls and then MAYBE i would consider going back to her. There is absolutely no reason to keep staff like that around. I would rather see new staff every day rather than deal with bad staff permanently. If she cant show shes fixing the problem, no point sticking around. Theres plenty of drs. in murf.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011