Ratings for Dr. Sohail M. Qarni

He is awesome!! He has said many times he has evening hours as well as walk in's. Well, he needs to explain that to his staff. It is very hard to get into see him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

On Tuesday November 4th, 2014 after 3:30 p.m., I reported to Dr. Qarni's office upon making an appointment after a traffic accident. I sustained back injury that day (where the pain continues to persist nearly one year later) and a wrist injury (something that remained constant for weeks after the accident). As his patient for nearly five years I trusted him to provide quality and comprehensive care as he may have done in the past (but as I reflect his recommendations and treatment of my health needs were subpar). I was left unassisted by him. I subsequently reported to Patient First and was treated for my injuries, never returning to his practice. While waiting to be seen, I was sorting out all of the details of the accident. I had, in fact, been told by the front office that I could use the office phone to confirm what I still needed to do with the insurance company and make a call to confirm that I would run late for a class that I was teaching that evening (I'm a university professor). The wait time in his office exceeded one hour and I was going to be late and needless to say did not have my personal cell phone to make the necessary calls. As I entered the patient room, I continued to communicate with the insurance company and my colleagues regarding my late arrival to class. After the nurse/ practitioner checked me in, having me answer questions, as she observed me conclude part of the phone calls, and departed herself, he entered. Hev yelled sharing that I should not use the phone (I thought he was joking) but when he snatched the mounted phone from my hand and slammed it onto the hook, it was at that moment that I realized that he was not joking and I decided that I could not seek care from him on that day or ever again. He snatched the phone from the hand that was injured. I will never forget the shock nor the pain. I am hoping Dr. Qarni gets the help that he needs in order to maintain the level of humanity and professionalism necessary to offer quality medical care and promised when he took the Hippocratic Oath, otherwise he should retire.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Very upset with him. I talked to him on the phone about a medical worry/concern. He was extremely condescending to me, acted as though I was bothering him and hung up on me. He hung up on me because I was upset and worried. That is not a good doctor/patient relationship - AT ALL. Everyone I told agreed and said that's so unprofessional. If you're a good doctor, you don't dismiss your patient's worries and concerns. You reassure them and treat them with the utmost of respect. Or hang up on them! I'm finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I had always thought Dr.Qarni was great but if you are in any kind of pain he will not help. My elderly aunt couldn't get an appointment with a specialist for a a few weeks. After being Dr. Qarni's patient for over 15 years she suffered severely he would not prescribe anything for the pain. It was horrible. I lost all confidence in his compation. Home care nursing even called him and begged him, he was completely unwilling. It makes me wonder if he's done something in the past to jepordise his license to allow an 82 year old woman to scream and cry day and night for weeks. It was really sad. And very disappointing that Dr. Qarni let our family down.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dr. Qarni is an extremely good doctor with a very good bed side manor. He is thourough in treating his patients. Would highly recommend him to be a family doctor. He is a caring and itelligent doctor.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

great doctor. my whole family sees him. i take my children to see him. my aunt died about 5 years ago and he came to the viewing to pay his respects. my father is on hospice and he calls my mother to talk to her and see how they are all doing. he calls to give you results of tests right away no matter what day it is. my son was very sick and all test came back normal and he called on a sunday at 8:30 pm to give me results on a test that was done. i could not ask for a better doctor. when his office is closed there is a recording that gives you his cell number for emergencies and he calls you back within 10 mins. dr qarni is more then a doctor he is part of the family!!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

DR. QARNI IS NICE MAN, BUT HAS SOME TROUBLE WITH DIAGNOSING MEDICAL PROBLEMS. ALSO, DOES NOT TELL YOU WHAT CONDITIONS YOU SHOULD BE CHECKED FOR AT CERTAIN AGES. LIKE PROSTATE CHECKS ETC...

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

He is excellent, he doesn't treat as though I am stupid,he gives me the information tha I need in order to get healthier. Whenever he has had to refer me to another physician, that physician has also been excellent. I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

He was there for us and my dad during his last days. He came to see my dad at the end when he was in the hospital in a coma basically, when there was nothing medically that could be done for him. But he came to give support to his family. He even came to the viewing. Dr. Qarni is a very caring compassionate local community doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

Excellent doctor answers every question and explans every situation well. Is very personable and funny guy. Makes the patient feel safe and had all my trust instantly.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007

Dr. Sohail M. Qarni's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1978)