Ratings for Dr. Laura Visentin

No clinical knowledge, no skills. Only provide referral to others doctor and doctor note to work. No treatment no help.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

As my GP was on vacation, I was referred to this clinic. With 3 days to go before a final exam, I made an appointment because of severe ear pain due to an ear infection which had flared up. Dr. Visentin provided a superfluous naproxen prescription, in spite of the fact that I had already been taking this non-prescription drug to no effect. Since I have a relative who suffers from migraines, they will be giving me some actual pain killers to allow me to read and sleep without stabbing pain during a critical study period. Dr. Visentin put her own paranoia before the interests of a patient, who was depending on her for temporary relief of suffering at a critical time. Since she experienced zero cost for her self-interested decision to withold effective treatment, I decided that it would be immoral to keep this frustration private. I explained my reason for coming before making the appointent, and they chose to waste my time just the same.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

She's helpful and caring about your health , staff is great ,

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Both my husband and I as well as our daughter see Dr. Visentin and she is fabulous! Knowledgeable and compassionate. Always willing to listen. She is very gentle and reassuring with my daughter as well which I really love. The nurses we've encountered at the clinic are also fabulous, always seem to be in a good mood! The reception staff has also greatly improved in the past year.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I really like having Dr. Visentin as my family doctor. She always takes the time to answer my questions, and if uncertain will go to great lengths to find the answer! The clinic is extremely well organized, always clean, and if you require more immediate care when she is unavailable, they will set you up with another doctor same day! The nurses are very friendly and dedicated :)

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I am really happy having Dr. Visentin as our family doctor. She is very knowledgeable, but most importantly to me, she takes the time to collaborate with her colleagues about the best medical options available. She is polite and considerate and current with medical advances. I would recommend her to anyone. I read a negative review below about the staff, it hasn't been my experience to have bad service from them. In fact, I really like the clinic. It's not a walk-in for the general public, but they keep extra spots for walk-in's from patients. The waiting room is never crowded and always very clean. The nurses are friendly and the staff are very helpful too.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Laura Visentin is a wonderfully compassionate and caring physician. She is patient and ready to explore all avenues with you, which can't always be easy when dealing with seniors. We are fortunate to have our whole family under her expert care.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Shes great hurry back she justed had a baby Im told she will be back by feb 2014

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

Dr Visentin is wonderful. Always willing to listen, up to date on new treatments. I was lucky enough to find she was taking new patients. Very hard to find in Ottawa, so feel blessed my healthcare is in competent hands. Very knowledgable. The nursing staff are great bunch BUT the front office staff are another story. They really need to get happier more professional people working their front desk. Dismal faces and abrupt attitudes and standoffish looks is the only downfall to the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I'd love to be able to rate the doctor, but I have yet to be able to see her. This is a rating of the reception staff, or lack there of. I have never been so thoroughly disappointed with the lack of professionalism and quality of service provided. If you do intend to use the services at Findley Creek, I highly recommend you get your appointments in writing as I have had nothing but problems with bookings. Appointments made have suddenly vanished from the system (even though they knew my name when I walked in - if I don't have an appointment in the system, how do you know who I am). Trying to get hold of them on phone is a game of waiting on hold endlessly. Clearly those staffed to administer the day's appointments either don't care to do the job, or don't bother to verify when doctor's actually work before booking you an appointment with them. Maybe if they spent less time texting their friends while at work (seen it every time I've been in there) these problems wouldn't arise.

Submitted February 21, 2013