Ratings for Dr. Darren Nevin

Get a second opinion before letting them do work on your teeth!! Front staff is very cold towards patients. They act like that that they are doing favours for their patients and treat them like bank accounts.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr. Nevin's for about 10 years because of his skill and manner. The whole team is respectful, professional and always friendly.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I called Doctor Nevin office because I had a emergency with my tooth. They weren't open so I called his emergency line. I told him that my front tooth filling fell out. He at first wanted me to wait till Monday because he didn't want to come in. I told him my nerves were sensitive and that it's effecting my mouth. After a talking on the phone he reluctantly agree to come in the next day. I got there at his office 5 minutes early. The lady at the front desk pulled out my file for him. He was late and before he could look at my tooth, he told me I needed a crown. I just nodded. I told him I THINK the front tooth was done 6 months ago. I asked if I had to pay and he said no. He never looked at my file to confirm if I was right or wrong about which tooth was done. He did not do a great job. He didn't shape the tooth and it was very rough. He didn't even give me glasses to protect my eyes. After it was done, I said thank you and apologize for the inconvenience. When I went in the following week for a cleaning, the hygienist ask him to smooth the tooth. He did and than gave me finincial advise. Telling me to put 20 dollars aside to get a crown. He left and than assistant came in and asked a couple question about the tooth. When I was done I came out and found out they charge me for the cleaning and tooth he fixed. I was shocked. I told him he said it was free. They said that it was not because it a different tooth that he fixed 6 months ago. I paid and was upset. He didn't brother coming out to apologize that he didn't look at the file! I called them later to say how much it upset me that they were sneak and weren't not upfront that he made a mistake. They never apologize for their unprofessional behaviour. I would not recommend this place. I had to go to a different dentist to reshape my tooth and clean it up.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I am a long time patient of Dr. Nevin and am very happy with services he and his team provide. It is refreshing to have a dentist whose judgment you can trust and not feel pressured into doing dental work that might not be necessary. If anything, Dr.Nevin and his staff fall on the shy side of spectrum when it comes to marketing their services. I am impressed with technology advancement this office had made in the past few years, from digital imaging, managing implants, to the same day, onsite crown build/installation. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Absolutely the best dental service I have ever encountered, staff are fantastic and the equipment is all new. Highly recommend Dr. Nevin and his practice.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr.Darren Nevin is the best dentist I've encounterd since I'm in Canada. [for some 31 years]He has pulled all teath of the top jaw and two or three of my lower jaw. I've two implants inserted as 4 crowns.The top is a denture and Dr.Nevin has done the preparation for this denture. His estimates were dead on. Egon Andre from Nanaimo.BC.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

We have been going to Dr. Nevin for at least 10 years now. We have loved him and his staff so much we even travel with our 2 kids from Surrey to North Van for our visits. All staff is always plaesant and punctual.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I was unlucky to not have medical insurance and somebody recommended this doctor. I felt like I was ripped off, he did a simple filling and cost me around $900 and it was the cheapest. The only good thing is that he waited for me to pay one month. I advise you to look for other dentist!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012