Ratings for Dr. Paul Carey

Quack Quack Quack did not listen & his response was based on a lack of info from me & allowed himself to be biased by others and was pretentious pompous & judgemental-NOT HELPFUL AT ALL-for those of us seeking "professional" help. Woefully inf'gcompetent

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

when I went to pick up refill of fluvoxamine,,Pharmacist told me it is UNAVAILABLE IN Canada till end of Jan 2018,,no warning from him about drug shortage situation at all. he also prescribed Naladone and at pharmacy --IT IS ALSO UNAVAILABLE, HIS staff screwed u[ my appt by booking it on a holiday,, Sertraline which he RX over the phone made me very very sick and he won't acknowledge it,,,never looked at my history, unavailable & and impossible to reach in emergency, doesn't tell patients his availability, better not have a medical crisis on a holiday,,at emergency there are NO PSYCHIATRISTS 1

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Completely changed my meds. Trys to make you feel bad for being unwell . No sympathy for patients . My way or the highway kinda a hole

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

First asked what my medical coverage was then since it was good he threw the most expensive meds at problem, did not warn me about side effects or more importantly the "discontinuation" symptoms. Oh but wait there is a generic version of the same med that is 1/10th the price.. Got me addicted to the "cure", beginning problem is worse than ever.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I have been seeking psychiatric help for19 years and he's the first Doctor Who took the time to listen...and now I live a life I could only imagine before being treated by him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Very unhelpful. Doesn't know what he's talking about and isn't able to assist somebody who's been asking for help for over half a year.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Wonderful caring doctor! I don't know how we would have got through my husband's illness without him. He has all the attributes required to be a fine psychiatrist. We looked forward to seeing him during the course of treatments and always felt better afterwards. We recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Awesome doc! Got to me places in my psyche that needed to be looked at and let go of. I came to him in a great deal of pain and confusion, and he took the time, energy and attention to assist me in finding my own solutions and to help empower me when I was feeling "less than". He remembers small details and challenges me to become the best person I can be. He is smart, wise, and I am blessed that he took me on as a patient, even if it is just for a short while, it has been long enough to get to issues that I needed to be aware that I was reacting out of old patterns...I recommend him highly....the staff are great, too!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Good doctor, makes you feel safe and is very respectful and considerate of patient wishes.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Spouse was hospitalized in mental ward and under Dr. Carey's brief care during a VERY drastic low. Doc spent mere minutes diagnosing my spouse and came up with his own limited answer despite spouse having seen many therapists for years. Doc just threw meds at the problem and wouldn't return my calls of concern for my spouse nor take more time to look into things more deeply. Doc has his own idea of what is the problem and cannot possibly adequately figure out a complicated mental illness in minutes-- he seems to think he knows all and won't take any other input once he's made up his mind.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014