Ratings for Dr. Dan Borschneck

Awesome Dr Great with children, very thorough and compassionate!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I have had 13 surgeries on my back from 1992-March 2015. Six of these were done in Ottawa in the 90's. The last seven have all been performed at KGH by Dr. Borschneck from March of 2011 - March of 2015. From 2007 - March of 2011 I could only get around with a walker, and I was about 45* prone. When I arrived at Emergency I had the good fortune to be seen by Dr. Borschneck who at that time said he saw no reason why I couldn't get standing straight. Dr. Borschneck's optimism gave me renewed hope. After spending years bent over using a walker and after 6 surgeries performed by Dr. Borschneck over the last four years. Today I'm almost able to stand upright and get around very well with just a walking stick. Hats off to you Dr. Borschneck and your staff and students. You have given this 50 plus year old man a renewed vigour for life. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

No problem with the Dr. himself but the wait time is ridiculous. Each visit we have had to wait at least two hours past our scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

He is a very good doctor and does not take any chances.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Borschneck is a great doctor. He is good with sports related injuries.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Deft hands! Emergency surgery to repair a burst fracture in my lumbar without causing any secondary injuries, despite the inherent risk to spinal cord, et al. I believe that if I hadn't been sent to Dr Borschneck my recovery would not be as quick or complete.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

My daughter has been "Dr Dan's" patient for the past 7 years. He has performed 5 surgeries on her legs to help straighten tibial and femoral over rotations. You will see his resident first, they will confer and then you will see Dr. Dan. He has always been approachable, punctual, willing to listen and to explain what is happening/ going to happen, and not at all pompous or condescending . His receptionist has always promptly returned calls and booked us a.s.a.p in the clinic when needed. His bedside manner is exceptional, always compassionate, yet a bit tough when my daughter needed a push to move after surgery. I suffer from severe back pain and am truly sorry Dr Dan is a children's surgeon as I am very reluctant to go to Dr Yach after seeing all the reviews!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

In June 2013 I was admitted with a burst vertebrae; Dr. Borschneck was fantastic in all of our dealings with him. He carefully explained the options given the initial diagnosis of a potential tumour and helped us through the decision making process. After a seven hour surgery and now over a year later, the results are amazing with no real residual problems related to the spinal surgery. Dr. Borschneck has done follow up visits paying close attention to any concerns and has alleviated any concerns. He can be fully trusted and inspires confidence in the profession.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Excellent doctor and makes sure to address my child first even though she is non-verbal. Very thorough and caring!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr Borschnek has been my ortho surgeon for 2 years now. He's a great fella and really informative..

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014