Ratings for Dr. Allan Kloppers

Dr. Kloppers saved my life in the emergency when I had beesting allergy. I was near dead, but my nurse friend told me he was a great leader in my resuscitation. I know the S African doctors are used to handling anything and everything extreme. I asked if he would take my family into his family practice, and I’m glad he did. He is kind, conscientious, and competent. One of my little ones has allergic asthma just like me. It is hard enough to get good doctors in our small town, and I can tell you I am appreciative. He told me that he is now doing the exams to be a CDN family doctor, which means he is doubly trained and experienced. He is great now and I guess he will get even better as he is young and ambitious, still actively improving his skills. His nice smiling character is just an added bonus. I hope he stays here in Lloyd.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Knowledgeable, Respectful & Helpful. Dr. Kloppers took the time to deal with my "problem." He answered my questions with complete responses. This DR. did not "rush me out the door" as many other Dr's have in the past. I highly recommend this Doctor who now practices in Lloydminster, SK.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I had an almost identical experience to that listed above. I went to see this doctor for anxiety and depression, and while explaining to him the multitude of negative reactions that I was having to a medication previously described, and when I took out the pamphlet of information that the pharmacist gives you to read about your medication, he told me that there is no point reading that info, and that it is merely a "safety net". He also laughed at me when I was describing my symptoms, and when I told him I had not slept in several days due to side effects of the medication, he stated that "you look pretty good for not sleeping for three days", seeming to call me a lier. He also asked if I was going to do anything silly like kill myself. I was completely stunned at his unprofessionalism and poor conduct with patients, especially those who go to see him for anxiety and depression.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

In my opinion Dr. Allan Kloppers is one of the best Doctors I have seen in 20 years. He is down to earth, extremely polite and articulate with none of the (look at me I am a Dr.) attitude I wish more doctors had his outlook and manners. He is willing to answer any questions you have and get you answers to the questions you may not want to ask/hear. In the end I have taken all of his advice and have even gone over and above what he did recommend. Your doctor is only as efficient as you let them be, I go to the doctor because they are the professionals, If they dont meet your expectations or your not willing to take their advice/opinions on how to best get the results you want.... get a second opinion. If your not willing to listen to or do what is required to improve your health, then that is on you not the Dr. If you want to get better and Kloppers is there talk to him and heed his advice! You will live a longer more fun filled and productive life, not merely exist.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

This doctor was belittling, mocking, rude, and unthoughtful. I was attending the doctor's office because of anxiety and depression, and he was very insensitive in regards to my condition. He laughed at me for not taking my medication; at one point he interrupted me (while I was explaining the details of my depression) and left the room for several minutes, offering no apology or explanation upon his return. He also asked me if I was going to do anything 'silly' like hurt myself. Overall I felt that I did not get the respect I deserve. He did give me the medication I required, and offered advice that was consistent with my previous doctors'. He did not, however, deliver it in an appropriate manner.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012