Ratings for Dr. Anargyros Xenocostas

My husband recently passed away May 17, 2017. My questions to you are, when my husband's lymph node returned he asked you several times why this lump couldn't be cut out and your answer was always NO, but you never explained WHY and we trusted your judgement. When you decided it was time to put my husband on the new drug Ibitniumb we asked if any tests were required you said WHY you knew what the problem was. Again we trusted you. After waiting 3 weeks for Government approval, receiving the drug in the mail and then three weeks more, it was discovered that my husband did not have leukemia, but a rare angiolymphscarcoma. He then had several tests, scans and biopsies, four radiation treatments out of 30, and ended up in the ER from shock because the lump made it impossible for him to raise his arm. He later had four double treatments of radiation and this seemed to stop the growth of the sarcoma, but he again ended up in emergency over Christmas and was treated for an infection. Four months later my husband saw Dr. Latovinski and was supposed to see a plastic surgeon as it appeared this lump could be cut out. However, due to lack of pain control, my husband was getting weaker and weaker and died. Now I am wondering if a mistake was made? Did my husband suffer needlessly? I realize the Cancer Clinic is very busy and I appreciate all that you are doing not only for the patients but for the students you are teaching. However I will always wonder if things could have been different for my husband. Perhaps when someone else asks WHY, you could take a moment and explain WHY so the survivor will understand what actually happened.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Excellent doctor. Very personable, knowledgable and caring. He provides the facts and doesn't sugar coat no matter how difficult. We trust him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

A very intelligent doctor that does everything for his patients. Very personable.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

A most caring, Compassionate And knowlegeable doctor. Very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Dr Xenocostas is a kind and compassionate doctor who provides information in a helpful way. He is obviously upset when he has to provide bad news, but does not lose his compassion and kindness in the process. We really like this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Very direct approach with findings and information. I find that refreshing in this day and age with so much fence sitting being done.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013