Ratings for Dr. Luc Lapointe

Great doctor that doesn't sugar coat the facts. Still very attentive and knows each and every one of his patients by name.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Look...if you are looking for a Doctor who just writes you a note and says call me in the morning...or a pill pusher or you have a weak knees to hear the truth how you really are then I suggest not going to see Dr. Lapointe...he is a no BS type of doctor and tells it how it is...THIS is why I go to him. He digs deeper into how you are as a person and your own self, not just medical. So if you're looking for a REAL point it out kinda doctor who finds out what's really wrong with you...then i highly recommend this Dr...Thank you for being you Dr. Lapointe!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Absolutely terrible! I was his patient for many years, and for many years I endured his abuses. He is without a doubt one of the most arrogant, ignorant and condescending people I have ever met. And I was not alone in my experiences. I would often see other patients leaving his office in a complete rage for the way he had spoken to them. This website was also chock full of similar terrible reviews for him, but I see now that most of them have disappeared for some reason. While at times, he can appear to be extremely efficient, with time you will discover that he is also prone to some sloppy and grievous errors. I could easily have pursued him with a medical malpractice suit as well as a case before the ethics board, but I chose just to leave. If you like a doctor who bluntly tells you to "sht-up" or that you are "stupid", and who otherwise tries to demean you for no apparent reason, perhaps Dr. Lapointe is the guy for you. As for me, I also have my Ph.D., but I prefer a relationship of respect and professionalism.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Waited so long for a family doctor. When I got Dr. LaPointe it was like winning the Family Doctor Lottery!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I've read a few reviews on here that are very negative and honestly I almost didn't go to him because of that having had such terrible experiences with past family doctors. All to say IM SO GLAD and thankful I decided to go see him. He is by far the BEST doctor I've ever had :). He has given me the best referrals to other specialists . It's because of him that I also have have an amazing chiro as well. He's always been nice with me and funny. It's always a pleasure to see him including on the times I have to get a physical and do a Pap test screening ( ladies he is very gentle you don't even know he's down there ;) ). He always listens to my concerns , HE IS NOT A PILL PUSHER! Which is why I've been with him for over 4 years now . I've referred friends and family who all love him . Honestly I can't say enough about him. He is just an amazing doctor and I'm happy and thankful that I was referred to him. Also for that person who complained about his dogs... get a life ! I'm glad you're gone . His dogs were therapeutic dogs ! They were well behaved , they didn't come to you unless you called them over ( which I always happily did) they are adorable and always made my day when I was there . It's a shame one person ruined it for the rest of us . Some people are just unhappy in life and will find anything to complain about .

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Very straightforward which may come off as too blunt for some but perfect for me.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I can't say enough about Dr. Lapointe and Claudine. By far the best Dr. I have ever had. He is blunt and straight to the point and always takes the time to explain everything to you. I have never felt rushed out the door like Dr.'s in the past. I have read reviews about people comlaining about his dogs in the office which I find regretfull. I felt the dogs brought a sence of pleasure and calmness to the office. The office was always clean and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

After years of affording this man the benefit of the doubt to account for his unpredictability, I can no longer hide my disappointment . His "service" can be courteous and professional or it can be mired by an acerbic moodiness that is akin to an impetuous child. At times he applies rigor and thoughtfulness to his diagnoses, and at other times his research and questioning is superficial and piecemeal. Based on the chastising he once gave for missing an annual physical, I can only surmise that he puts unrealistic expectations on his patients - he does not suffer fools gladly. In my well-considered opinion, Luc's pretension is a compensatory mechanism for perfunctory care.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Best doctor I ever had. He's direct and really lays out the options, which is amazing.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

He is the best family doctor I have ever had by far. He is very blunt and to the point, which I love. He will recommend various forms of treatment dependent on what is best for you. Claudine is amazing and I always enjoy talking to her. Thank you both so much for taking so much care.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017