Ratings for Dr. Thomas Walters

My son has been under his care for 16 months and within this time period he has gone from mild Chrones to severe. He was started on Humira and even though I voiced my concerns about it not working and high stool levels, he was left to bleed daily for over 5 months. I can't wait to get my son away from this doctor before he needs surgery

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Very knowledgeable researcher and doctor. We have many questions during clinical, of which he spends a good amount of time explaining things in detail with patience. The entire IBD team is very busy but they do their best to assist us within a timely. We are seen on regular visits, and we are satisfied with the amount of time we have with him one on one. He has a great approach with children and speaking at their level. I trust him and his team completely with my daughters health. Thank you Dr. Walters!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Extremely knowledgeable researcher, but a terrible clinician. He will never be concerned about the implications of his clinical decision making. He is terrible at relating to and with children and that is what he is specialized in. He is never available for discussion outside of clinic and he does not always attend clinic visits as he has a tendency to have his nurse practitioner fill in for him. There is no patient doctor exchange, it's his way only. On several instances he suggested very seriously dangerous treatment options for our child. Thankfully we are no longer under his care.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr. Walters is a very inaccessible doctor who will never speak with you on the phone personally. It is virtually impossible to get through to him, as his ridiculous secretary "Zenita" is in clinic half of the week and her message clearly states that it may be a week before she gets back to you with questions/concerns. Zenita also has a tendency to be sarcastic and rude and she even made an appointment for us when Dr. walters wasn't in clinic that day. A doctor is only half as good as his secretary and his is incompetent, rude and immature. You may have to wait weeks for an appointment and even after having a scope, another two-three weeks for results. Don't expect attention or help from this department.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

The most amazing doctor I have ever encountered. He was amazing! Exceptional bed-side manner and a brilliant mind, all in one. He is an Aussie and shockingly is "best mates" with the doctor who delivered my son in Australia. I would trust him with my son's life any day! The other gastro docs in Toronto (Dr. Yeung and Dr. (Susan...?) - long hair)are horrible. It took me 6 months of desperate searching to find Dr. Walters - go straight to him instead of wasting your time with the others. He is exceptional.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012