Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Agrin

The office staff is horrible. Very rude on the phone. Left on hold for long periods of time. I requested copies of my test results 3 times and my request was just ignored. I kind of liked Dr. Agrin. He spent a lot of time with me and I felt as though he was knowledgeable. However, I feel as though my test results were not reported back to me in a timely manor and he had very limited office hours. I am leaving the practice primarily because of the way I was treated by the office staff.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I cannot believe the experience I had with Dr. Agrin. For years I had heard how wonderful he was just to end up being disappointed. My waiting time was almost an hour. When I finally was able to see Dr. Agrin he told me the same exact thing that my primary care doctor told me. I fail to see how an endocrinologist couldn't have been more helpful. Then there was the staff... The staff was the worst part. I saw Dr. Agrin for MAYBE 20 minutes (although they claim he spends an hour with EVERY patient...) and was billed for 80 minutes. The worst part is that the staff is completely rude about billing so it's extremely hard to have an adult conversation with them. I cannot believe what a waste of time and money the visit was.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Wonderful doctor. Caring and considerate. Dr. Agrin gave me lots of time, explaining everything clearly and in detail. He continues to monitor my condition carefully and diligently.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Was asked twice to show up at 8:15 a.m. for 8:30 appt. -- I'm a new patient - didn't see Dr. Agrin until 9:30...he kept leaving the examining room. Was there for 1 hr. and 45 mins. and had about 5 minutes of "face time" with the doc. Don't know how long I'll have to wait to get a 2nd appt. if I do in fact have a thyroid condition. Based on previous comments here, I hope I never have to go back.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Great Doctor. He Cares and is personable, Knowledable, Pleasant & Caring. I would recomend him to everyone....

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr. Agrin is very knowledgeable and up to date with the latest findings. He is personable and professional.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Dr. Agrin is very caring; spent a lot of time with me on each of my visits to see him. He is highly and experienced. He is one of those doctors who reads my case file before seeing me.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Waited many years to get in to see him as he was not accepting new patients. When he finally did, I paid cash because he did not accept my insurance at that time. He was very good with my Diabetes...THEN, he decicded to specialize in Thyroid only. He said he'd pass my file along to another Doctor on Staff and they would call me for an appt....they never did. This is no way to handle a long time patient, it was very rude and unprofessional. He was supposed to be one of the best Endo Dr., but I guess knowledge has nothing to do with it. As far as I can see, he doesn't give a crap about his Patients.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2010

On time, gives you all the time you need,very prof.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Richard J. Agrin's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Brunswick, NJ