Ratings for Dr. Lara J. Williams

Frustrated with another specialist, I sought a second opinion a few days agi and when I listed my symptoms (and expressed my fears) she listened and did a quick exam to confirm her suspicions and was able to give me an answer after 6 months or life-altering pain. She was also able to put my fears to rest, and did so in a pleasant, professional and respectful manner. Marvellous. Then she completely changed the treatment plan and I finally have relief!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

The most professional, intelligent doctor I have ever had as a surgeon. Janet

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

She was the only surgeon in NS that could perform the specific procedure on me. She was patient, kind and gracious and always professional. Dr. Lara is a star in this field. It was a blessing to have her as my doctor!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

One of the most professional, intelligent, knowledgeable doctors in our healthcare system. Her bedside manner was excellent, her surgery work was nothing less than stellar. Her commitment to colorectal issues is unsurpassed. I am not only thankful that she was my surgeon, I am fortunate that she was my surgeon. Nova Scotians are so lucky to have this outstanding doctor working in this province. Thank you for what you do!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

She saved my husband's life- and is known as the best of them out there. She has a gift- a god send. I owe her everything. Thank goodness for her expertise and bedside manner and communication skills. She really does care, and it shows.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I was admitted to hospital a very sick lady. Dr. Williams was very prompt in both diagnosing me and taking me to surgery. She explained to me the situation and I felt very confident in both her knowledge and her teams helpfulness. It is now two months later and I can't thank her enough for feeling as good as I do, and that I am here to say so. Thank You.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

My sister-in-law got a very painful procedure done on her colon, and Dr. Williams refused to give her any medication (during the procedure) despite her writhing in pain. The secretary is really nice to you in person, but then says ridiculous things behind your back. My mother-in-law called once to pass on some information and I called once. That's IT. Yet, the secretary told the Dr. Williams, "You need to tell your patient to get her family to stop calling. They have called numerous times and won't stop." Are you kidding me?!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Williams was one of my late husband surgeons. She was the most prompt, the only one that followed up in a timely manner, and has the best bed side manner of any doctor we saw in the 30 months we went to the VG/Dixon/QEII buildings. Huge thank you to Dr. williams and Emily. You're kindness and caring will never be forgotten.??

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Lara Williams saved me! Because of her, I no longer have an ileostomy bag and am functioning normally. I cannot say enough about the competence and dedication of this woman. If you get her as your surgeon, you are one very lucky patient!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Lara J. Williams's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Frustrated with another specialist, I sought a second opinion a few days agi and when I listed my symptoms (and expressed my fears) she listened and did a quic..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The most professional, intelligent doctor I have ever had as a surgeon. Janet"

March 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She was the only surgeon in NS that could perform the specific procedure on me. She was patient, kind and gracious and always professional. Dr. Lara is a sta..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "yoooo This stinky fingered bitchass done made my asssholes bleed!! I go in askin her like "doc, can you wax my crack?" and she was all lke "i got u fam".... fuk..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the most professional, intelligent, knowledgeable doctors in our healthcare system. Her bedside manner was excellent, her surgery work was nothing less t..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had bowel incontinence issues for years. I now have a full life with endless possibility. Dr. William's is fantastic."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She saved my husband's life- and is known as the best of them out there. She has a gift- a god send. I owe her everything. Thank goodness for her expertise and ..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was admitted to hospital a very sick lady. Dr. Williams was very prompt in both diagnosing me and taking me to surgery. She explained to me the situation and ..."

September 15, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Gastroenterologist" to "Colorectal / Proctologist", First Name changed from "Lara" to "Lara J."

December 30, 2013