Ratings for Dr. Maria L. Lawrence

she allowed James Wahl, To Dissmis Me As A Patient???

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I have great admiration for the Doctors and their staff, but their phone system and receptionists are horrible. Whenever I call, I can never get through to a human. Several times I had to hop in my car and drive over there to find lights flashing on the phone and a receptionist cooling her heels. I've asked why she's not answering to hear "I'm on break." McLaren seems to treat this clinic like an unfavored child and won't spend any money to improve their service, and even removed their only x-ray machine. This could be a good clinic. Why not improve it?

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I am on Medicaid and it is always a struggle to find a doctor that accepts medicaid, and is up to my standards. This doctor's office is not only clean, but one of the best I have ever visited (I used to have "regular" insurance through my work place). Everyone there is friendly, I have NEVER had a long wait time, and they always call me back to answer my questions on that same day. They were an enormous help when I was in the hospital and needed to be referred to a specialist. I have something extremely rare that almost all doctors have never heard of, but here they worked hard to learn about what was wrong with me in order to give me the best care possible; then they found a specialist who could help me. AMAZING! I would recommend to any friends and family members!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

very long wait time, never actually met her always have to see the NP an when i needed to see her was told she doesn't see patients, pulled family from office will NEVER recommend this office.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

This Dr. and her office are a joke! Not only do you have to wait an average of 30 minutes to get to talk to someone, they normally have to call you back which took either 3 or 5 days! They are rude, and when you ask questions, they act like you should already know the answer. They won't refill a prescription because they said my pain wasn't severe enough, how do they know? It's a joke! I would NOT recommend anyone to go there at all!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

She is wonderful and very caring. She truly listens when you speak and doesn't try to oversimplify your feelings of the problem.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2004

Dr. Maria L. Lawrence's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1992)