Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Gelfand

Dr Gelfand has been very helpful in explaining my condition to me and fully explains why he is treating me a certain way. He has answered all of my questions fully and treats me with utmost respect. He is personable and seems to genuinely care about his patients. I would recommend him (and Joslin) to anyone struggling with any type of diabetes. I have had nothing but very positive encounters with the staff and Dr. Gelfand. I have called several times with concerns and he has always promptly returned my calls and answered all questions. I feel he goes beyond just responding; he actually takes the time to explain his reasons and genuinely cares. I have the highest regard for Dr. Gelfand and feel I am in good hands with him and the Joslin clinic.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

If you believe a doctor could miraculously transform from being the worst, most inattentive, dismissive and disrespectful kind of doctor, to being the best doctor imaginable, in only three months, then by all means trust your health to Dr Gelfand.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2007

Dr. Gelfand is the first endocrinologist I've seen who treats me with any respect. He understands that I am an expert as far as my body is concerned, and is attentive, friendly, and above all knowledgeable. We work together to manage my health problems - what more could I ask for?

flag | Submitted November 28, 2006

doctor does not listen to his patients and does not answer questions.I was treated with total disrespect! Left his office in tears. When I needed to see him, it took 6 weeks to get in no matter what the emergency! Would never go back to the Joslin clinic again!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2006

Dr. Robert A. Gelfand's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1978)