Ratings for Dr. Julian Lieb

I had the privilege of being Dr. Lieb's patient for some 20 years, until his retirement. He was absolutel yyy

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Lieb for some 8 years. After many prior years of going to other psychiatrists with little or no help, he was the first and only doctor who got me out of the hell I was in. He was the only one who cared deeply and had the expertise to bring me back to functionality. I owe my life to him and will forever be grateful for his help. He is the best!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

J.Lieb's inappropriate treatment nearly killed my mother in 1988. Despite being told that she had been suicidal, and possibly was during the time he treated her, he prescribed her large amounts of Seconal, on which she overdosed. After 4 days in a coma, and several weeks in a facility, we were lucky she lived. Numerous physician's and other more 'mainstream" psychiatrists expressed great surprise and concern that Dr. Lieb would have prescribed Seconal to a suicidal patient. Despite his "brilliance" and radical ideas, I'd be very cautious about being treated by Lieb. I am happy to hear he is retiring.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2007

Dr Lieb is a wonderful Doctor. he treats all of his patients with great respect. I had the honor of having him as a doctor for a little over a year. It would have been longer but he just announced his retirement on 4/1/2007..He saved my life..with his help I can now function and no longer have to live with tons of pain and with the stress and depression that forced me to retire last year, I will never be able to return to the work force but at least I am alive and have learned how to cope and deal with lifes down falls.. DR LIEB.. we will ALL miss you. good luck with your retirement..MR D

flag | Submitted March 25, 2007

Dr Lieb is a humble humanitarian with a rarely found caring for his patients. He is accessible, kind, supportive and one of the most brilliant practitioners I have ever met. In the nearly 20 years I have been his patient, I went from being non-functional, depressed, and totally isolated to a once-again confident and competent individual. Unlike the rushed fleeting appointments common with many practitioners today, Dr Lieb is thorough, careful, and gives his patients the attention rarely seen in a psychiatric practice. He makes his patients realize that they remain worthwhile people despite being diagnosed with mental illness.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2006

Dr. Julian Lieb's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1966)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal