Ratings for Dr. Rona Cheifetz

I have seen Dr. Cheifetz at Hereditary Cancer clinic and was impressed by her professional approach to me as a patient. She provided all necessary information regarding surgery , testing and follow up. Though she could not influence waiting time for testing, she seems very supportive all the way down in arranging appointments with a specialist and listening of my concerns. Additionally, she looks a very pleasant person, clearly speaking, not being annoyed with questions and well mannered. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

After 4 years still in complication after hernia survergy

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

My experience was extremely positive. The staff were friendly and helpful. The wait time was not excessive. Both the doctor and her resident were very thorough and I felt confident in their knowledge. The doctor went above and beyond, getting two further opinions on my case because it was unusual. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Submitted August 23, 2014

This is an amazing doctor. Performed breast surgery on my mother. Did amazing job, my mothers body however had complications and dr Cheiftz was fabulous, she did everything possible to help and fix everything. She was there day in and day out, whenever we would call with concerns she would get back to us ASAP. Amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

From the moment I opened my eyes after emergency surgery I knew I was in capable hands. The Dr. is very caring but straight up with her comments and doesn't hide any facts. I have had 3 follow up calls at her office and I was looked after within minutes of my appointment time. When I have mentioned that I had Dr. Cheifetz do my surgery I have gotten a wow comment from both doctors and nurses and they have said you were lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I have nothing but praise for Dr R. Cheifetz. She took on a case that we were told others refused, because it was very tough. I will admit her bedside manner is a bit rough, but it is honest. I will remind those reading she is a surgeon, not a politician. She showed up on the big day with her game face on. She did her job. She called me immediately after surgery and told what I needed to know. When the results came in, she took time out to deliver them, in person. A very soft human side was seen that day. The post-op visit (a couple of weeks later) wasn't all warm and fuzzy, but it was good. One needs to listen to her because, she is abrupt. The staff: Serves several Drs, so as a result, not wonderful. If there is room for improvement at VGH, that 'generic' staff would be a big one. The staff on the same floor, different section, 'lost' records. Records are on computer. Somehow they screwed up and they do not seem to care. Helpful: She is a surgeon, she did a GREAT job.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

This doctor is ok. Not the most helpful after surgery is done. Not willing to listen to complications or do much about them except send me to other doctors. Her assistant or appointment maker is HORRIBLE. My care giver caught her in a lie about whether my appointment had been cancelled or not. They were hinting at charging me, despite the voice mail I had left cancelling the appointment. Anyways, the doctor is only as good as the system they employ. Don't every expect to get her or her assistant on the phone. VOICE MAIL every time. They sometime call you back and sometimes they don't.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012