Ratings for Dr. Henry Rosenblat

Dr. Rosenblat changed my life. He never pushed medication on me and never gave up on me. I will be forever greatful. Without him I wouldn't be the person I am today.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Some of these ratings really have me scratching my head. Seriously?! I was first diagnosed with Bi Polar and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 1991. I'd been through close to a dozen psychiatrists, some just didn't click, and a good handful just gave up on me (saying so right to my face). Saying I was feeling hopeless is a vast understatement...and then along came Dr. Rosenblat. From about 2002 to the present, this man literally kept me alive. Where others had given up (I was a tough case), Dr. Rosenblat, sometimes with just words alone...even if I was freaking out over the phone, gave me hope. The man is very knowledgeable in his pharmacological facts, but he's one of those rare sorts, that understands that sometimes talking is more helpful. He never loses it, always a calming, caring voice, even when I was anxiously jumping up and down in my seat, just a couple of feet away from him. He promised that he would never "give up" on me, he promised that I would indeed get better...and he kept his word. His receptionist is not only the easiest person to talk to, but she has no peers when it comes to patience. Just a terrific person. Look, if you've been through the maze and long waiting lists of psychiatry like I have, then you know it's hard enough not only finding one, but even harder finding the right one. It took many years, many doctors, but Dr. Rosenblat proved that it is indeed possible to find the perfect fit.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This doctor is very caring and knowledgeable. Very kind person. Bad ratings are likely from people with some serious mental or emotional disorders and can't handle his diagnosis. People with serious emotional and psychological problems may not see things 20/20 in the first place which is why they are there. Paranoia, narcisistic, extremely depressed and also unrealistic entitlement issues. Slamming the doctor won't correct your problems.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I found Dr. Rosenblat to be totally clueless, false, condescending, and impersonal. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I'm confused by some of these ratings, as I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Rosenblat! He might come off a bit short, but he's just blunt and doesn't sugarcoat things. He asks VERY direct questions that can sound a bit harsh, but if you take the time to try to answer the question he acknowledges that these are difficult things to think about. He listened to me and gave me the medication I need to function properly and always asks about how my mood and life is, listens, and gives useful advice. He's not a psychologist, so those looking for long talk-therapy sessions won't find that here - he does his job well and has changed my cynical opinion of psychiatrists!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

By far the worst experience I have had with a mental health Dr. I was open and honest with my situation on the intake form and the look his conceited and rude secratary gave me was deplorable. I was going through a very serious situation and he said he would see me a week later, then rescheduled my appointment at the last minute for next month. I am absolutely disgusted with this behavior. I will be submitting a formal complaint to the CPSO. I should not have to divulge extremely personal information to people like this, who only care about getting paid. Completely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

One of the worse psychiatrists I have ever seen. He rushes you during the appt. and when you finally hit on a topic to discuss, he says "times up"? This is only 15 min. into the appt. He is constantly looking at his computer as it will sound when your time is up. He doesn't seem to listen well, ask questions and just says "how are you? What can I do for you today?" I always feel like asking, "well how much time do I have today?" If he was to say 10 min. (his usual allotted time is 10-15 min., than I would just say I am fine and not waste my time even if I wasn't b/c I knew I would require more than 15 min. I would leave feeling worse. Booking a longer appt. with him for 45 min. would usually mean 15-20 min. I saw another doctor who always booked my appts for 50 min. and I have been seeing him. My family doctor would see me longer than Dr. Rosenblat and my GP has a room full of pts., but if I needed him to see me, he would see me until we came up with a plan. He would even offer to have me come in after is practice and see me then and we would be able to talk for how ever long I seemed to need. My GP has been my best support. I would never refer anyone to Dr. Henry Rosenblat.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

I am baffled by the other ratings! I have seen a number of other physicians and found Dr. Rosenblat to be the best by far. His receptionist is pleasant and responsive. Dr. Rosenblat is clear about the extent of his services. When I needed additional support, he provided it. He doesn't coddle you or reinforce disability. On the contrary, he encourages you to work on yourself and to be the best you can be. With respect to knowledgeability, he seems to be expert in his field. He caught a serious error my GP had (unintentionally) made and changed a prescription to one which suited me far better. I find Dr. Rosenblat to be an outstanding psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I saw Dr. Rosenblat for years. Appts. usually last 5-15 min.Not very helpful.Never wanted to start into a difficult problem b/c he would just say "times up for today".That would be 10min. into appt. If you asked for a longer appt. for next time he would schedule you in for 45min.,but that usually meant 20-25min. He once had 17 people in his office at noon and by 12:45 he saw them all, but me. He saw me for15min. Many pts. were in and out in 2min.I wondered what good was he to them and how did he bill OHIP.I did call OHIP and reported it.Lost a lot of respect for him that day. He was helpful at times, but it wasn't consistent at all.He does lack in the knowledge area,in my opinion.He'd go to a conference on a tx and then try it out as if he was now an expert.He needed to be much more involved in his knowledge base.He's a nice guy, but I wanted a good psych. not just a nice guy.I stopped seeing him years ago and I have been doing so much better. Rating:low. Refer him to others:No.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

this is my worst experience with a doctor. I found him very cold, rude, heartless and unprofessional. he discounted me and made me feel guilty and worthless. he acted surprised that I don't do house work but he never asked why. when I told her my mother was very sick and I started tearing. he asked me why was I so upset. I had to tell him that it was because it's difficult to see my mother suffering. I thought everyone has a mother! not sure about him. he said he'd come back to that but he never did. he said he needed to consult his college and that would take some time because he needed to present my case to them. but he came out and told me the result 10 minutes after I left his office. I am not sure if he knew what he was doing. if you have emotion or mental issue, he will definitely make you feel much worst.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013