Ratings for Dr. Paul Cozzi

I would recommend Dr Cozzi to everybody who had the misfortune to contract prostate cancer. As soon as the biopsy was confirmed (Gleeson 8) he made the necessary arrangements for the radical prostotectomy in 2012 which was successful as I am now clear of cancer. When I go to see him once a year he is very helpful and chatty. This is not a social occasion just business as it should be. Absolutely first class.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Thinks very highly of himself. Saw him for a second opinion and he put so much pressure on me to have my cancer treated quickly. My 6th sense said stay away.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

I would recommend Dr Cozzi every time. I had Prostrate Cancer and as soon as I was confirmed as having the cancer, biopsy, he quickly organised the pre surgery physiotherapy and operation. I had the robotic surgery and was up on my feet the next day. Dr Cozzi explained everything well and I knew what was happening throughout and post surgery.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I would not recommend this guy at all. My Doctor recommended him as the go to guy for prostate problems. He seemed disinterested, had a habit of flicking pamphlets at you whilst he was talking. I had a cystoscopy and his lack of empathy in explaining the results, especially directly after the op then later with biopsy results over the phone was extraordinarily poor. I had to eventually see him in person and even then he was peddling another procedure. I eventually seeked out another urologist who was more than surprised at the procedure (Urolift) that was suggested as it would have made my condition worse. Avoid this guy.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

He is knowledgable no doubt, but he absolutely lacks any bedside manner. I felt he is a business man first and a practitioner second. He is seems to be a master of upsell handing out brochures and encouraging you to consider procedures, which may be helpful but he is not willing to spend the time to explain them to you as he can't wait to see his next revenue generating patient. He even has his own business brand and logo, when you walk into his clinic in Hurstville you may think you are visting an advertising exec.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr Cozzi saved my father's life and is still his specialist. Whilst others might think he is lacking in bedside manner, I believe his knowledge and ability as a surgeon is outstanding.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Not a 'people person' at all. Looks at everything else in his office except his patient. Probably knowledgeable (professor) but if interpersonal communication is (not at all) a skill, kind of makes this visit fairly pointless. Extremely fast visit, you are no sooner seated, when you realise he can't wait to show you out the door. Never asked if you had any questions, and didn't like to elaborate. Just handed out brochures on possible options (except for the step he suggested next). No discussion, just a 'bullet point' speach. Sadly dissappointing.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

After visiting two urologists on the gold coast I opted for Paul Cozzi in Sydney. Paul is a professional with fewer words and less ****. I felt confident that I was safe in his hands. I was right.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014