Ratings for Dr. Paul Cozzi

There is a broad based of opinions on Dr Cozzi. I have had problems with my prostate since my early 30's. I am now in my 60's and over the past 30 years have had 3 urologists look after me with Dr Cozzi being the 4th due to retirements, relocations etc... I am making the assumption that most who comment about their experience usually do it based on their first ever interaction with a urologist, that is, they don't have a previous experience to compare it to. In Australia, every urologist or specialist for that matter goes through an extraordinary amount of education and training. The result is that all of them are capable of saving you life, they are all very knowledgeable. Of couse now and again they will miss a diagnosis, or in hindsight give the wrong opinion. Obviously this is not on purpose, but mere human nature at work, we are not prefect. A major differentiator for any urologist is their ability to empathise and the procedures they are expert in. Speaking on BHP (what I've got) the older urologists will usually gravitate to TURP whilst the younger (Dr Cozzi) sometimes advise more recent techniques such as UROLIFT or Green Light Laser. Although all should be able to do any procedure, you will find they do have their favourites. I was sent to Dr Cozzi on the insistence of my GP for a second opinion. Without question he is highly knowledgeable, but his empathy is vacant. On my four visits to him he seemed mostly distracted, and appeared keen to get the next patient in. I had a biopsy done under him and he was surprisingly tardy with his explanations particularly when he handed over the the prostate photos in my hospital bed. Several days later, he called me and said I was "6" on the Gleason Scale, but did not clearly explain what that actually meant. When I looked it up on the Internet I must admit I freaked out a little until I my regular urologist gave me a more concise explanation. So based on my experiences with several urologists, I would suggest pick another urologist.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Paul Cozzi has been looking after my father and doing an amazing job. Not only is he kind, understanding and compassionate but incredibly cleaver and knows his stuff. I would highly recommend him if you are in need of a Urologist. I also disagree strongly with the negative comments below. Although I understand that you might have found it difficult to hear that your loved ones health is not great - don't shoot the messenger. Paul goes out of his way to help as many people as possible and has the track record to show for it. He was able to help my father so he wont die from Prostate Cancer but will eventually die with it a very old age. Many thanks Paul.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

This nerd is one you can trust me, I'm a doctor 😉.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Great team that he has working with him...all very caring and knowledgeable. Man of few words but knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Okay, so this guy mightn't be the smoothest-talking medico in Sydney but I rate him for his skill, experience and record. After he did a good job removing my bladder tumour I'm happy to place my urological future in his hands.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr Cozzi and his team were professional, courteous and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I went with my father to see Dr Cozzi. Although he seems to know what he's doing he has a horrible bedside manner. Totally agreed with other comments here - feels like you're being processed through a factory. My advice would be to seek another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Poor bedside manner, poor people skills. Did not see me as a person but as a disease.

Submitted January 21, 2017

I would recommend Dr Cozzi to everybody who had the misfortune to contract prostate cancer. As soon as the biopsy was confirmed (Gleeson 8) he made the necessary arrangements for the radical prostotectomy in 2012 which was successful as I am now clear of cancer. When I go to see him once a year he is very helpful and chatty. This is not a social occasion just business as it should be. Absolutely first class.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Thinks very highly of himself. Saw him for a second opinion and he put so much pressure on me to have my cancer treated quickly. My 6th sense said stay away.

Submitted August 6, 2016

Dr. Paul Cozzi's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.