Dr. Bruce Levine's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Hofstra University in New York (an American Psychological Association Accredited program). Two-year Post-Doctoral Fellowship in cognitive behavior therapy at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Currently a clinical psychologist at UCLA School of Medicine and previously Chief of the Psychology Department at South Nassau Hospital in New York. One of only twelve psychologists on the Westside/ Beverly Hills area holding Board-Certification as a Clinical Psychology to see why this SHOULD matter to you, see: http://www.abpp.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3291 Dr. Levine has offices at Cedar-Sinai Medical Tower and on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills. Phone for both is 323-250-2256 or email him at BHpsychologist@gmail.com
Areas of Expertise
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
- Depression (major depressive disorder)
Awards & Recognitions
- Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP)
Publications & Research
- Use of a self-directed gustatory stimulus in the elimination of seizure disorder. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, vol 9, 77-79.
- Effects of drive and incentive magnitude on serial discrimination learning. Journal of Comparative & Physiological Psychology, vol 86, 730-735
- Pitfalls and dilemmas in the diagnosing process. Psychosomatics, vol 21(4), 345-348
- In-vivo desensitization of a severe driving phobia through radio transmission. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, vol 11, 281-282.
- The effects of total exposure duration and interrupted vs. continuous exposure in flooding therapy. Behavior Therapy, vol 12, 360-368.
- Manipulating the explicit demand of paradoxical intention instructions. Behavioural Psychotherapy, vol 11, 25-35.
- Effects of depression and headache type on biofeedback for muscle-contraction headaches. Behavioural Psychotherapy, vol 12, 300-307.
- The importance of checking the assumptions of the professional referral source: An invited paper. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, vol 18, 241-244
- Patient compliance with advice as a function of communicator expertise. The Journal of Social Psychology, vol 104, 209-210.
- Treatment of handwriting anxiety through an in-vivo desensitization procedure. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, vol 11, 49-51.
- Reducing reactivity in sleep assessment. Behavioral Engineering, vol 7, 93-100.
- Effects of stimulus representation and cue category level on exposure (flooding) therapy. British Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol 23, 1-7.