Ratings for Dr. Enitan Sogbesan

Dr. Sogbesan is amazing. Yes it took me a few months to get into see him but once I did, he took care of me with kindness and compassion. I went to see him for cataract surgery but he found an even bigger issue and had to perform emergency surgery. That went well and I was able to have my cataract surgery within a few months. My eyes are now 20/20. He is quite competent and made me feel comfortable in his abilities at all times. He has a warm and caring bedside manner that I only wish other doctors had. He does train interns so I am absolutely positive he knows what he is doing. Don't listen to all the bad reviews here. His office staff is great as well, especially Linda. Thank you Dr Sogbesan... Cheryl Higgins

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Have waited 2 years for surgery. Months go by with no office calls. When they do call or pick up phone, always a new secretary and nobody knows anything. Lost files, no return messages. Terrible service. We asked for a new doctor. Anyone is better than him. He may be a good surgeon but his office is run very poorly.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

WAIT TIME IS TOO LONG HE IS OVER BOOKED WE NEED MORE DR. LIKE HIM IN THE SYSTEM

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Prior to seeing Dr. Sogbesan, I had been misdiagnosed at my local small town ER when my eye swelled and became slowly worse each day. After the fourth visit and multiple mistreatments I was told to go to the eye clinic. Dr. Sogbesan took one look at my eye and diagnosed my condition correctly the first time - Occular HSV. I was put on the correct drops and meds and have been under his care for a few months now. He is cautious in his monitoring of my condition and answers any questions I have. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field of expertise and I am thankful to have seen him. Yes - the wait times at the eye clinic are over the top...however, this is due to the fact that the demand far outweighs the availability of such specialists in our area and not reflective of the doctor in question. My advice is to bring something to occupy your time - even a snack if needed and be prepared to wait...seeing the right doctor is certainly worth the time.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I don't have enough words to describe how much of a fail this process is. 1: reception/admin person is rarely available to take a phone call and when she does, it is to say "if you are having an ocular emergency, please go to ER". 2: They let you know about appointments via snail mail. So IF that piece of mail goes missing, so does your appointment. 3: The wait times for appointments are appalling. In my situation, there was a "medical emergency" which warranted being seen by an ophthalmologist. It took 3 months to get an appointment with this doctor. By that time, there was considerable PERMANENT vision loss. All medication seems to be a "trial" to "see if it works". And the time between appointments is 2-3 months. And each day that goes by, more vision is being lost permanently. So - nothing good to say about this process. Is this the doctor's fault? I don't know...but I just know the whole process is WRONG.

Submitted June 19, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I waited 4 months to get into see him then was told I needed emergency surgery and I would get a letter from his office with the date. It's two months after I saw him and I still have not got my surgery date. I have called dozens of times but there's either no answer or a machine comes on and says to leave a message, that they are short staffed and will get back to you when they can. Yea right. Unbelievable. In the meantime, my eyes are getting worse and worse. DO NOT GO TO HIM.

Submitted May 8, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.! Needs huge improvements in every aspect of patient care!!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Sogbeson is a horrible. He doesn't care about the well-being of his patients. The wait time to see him is beyond ridiculous. It doesn't matter how urgent your case is, you will be put on the back burner. Do yourself a favour, find a different doctor in another city!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr. Sogbeson is a true miracle worker with gifted hands. God used him to save my eye. He is a humble gentleman, very professional and extremely knowledgeable and cares deeply about all his patients. It's truly a blessing to have him as my Glaucoma Specialist. Patients. I am truly bkessd with Dr. Sogbesan as my Glaucoma Soecialist. He saved my eye.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I went to see him with my 85 year old mother for her glaucoma. I found he has no manners, did not even say hello, how are you?. According to my mother he is quite rough when he touch her eyes. I am not pleased.

Submitted March 16, 2016