Ratings for Dr. Fergal Donnellan

https://www.facebook.com/freemasonilluminatithree/posts/10153980462561766 U failed to remove my polyp today cause u did not have the correct tools to do so hope u do not do this in future to others also u did not sedate me maybe an Irish joke to u but I not happy with that suggest u smarten up then

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

My negative experience with Dr Donellan was in January 2015. It has been very difficult to discuss this experience publically for several reasons - I have taught breast and pelvic exams in the ubc clinical skills program for over 20 years and have a lot of respect for medical doctors, especially those who tutor, and I expected to be treated with mutual respect i.e., we teach that the patient can say no at anytime during an exam and the student/doctor will comply respectfully. Dr Donnellan appeared to be interested in my situation as I described being injured during teaching the use of the transvaginal ultrasound probe to radiology students (my cervix was blistered, purple, with a yellow discharge and I had rectal pain). I was absolutely shocked at the aggressive manner in which he performed a rectal exam on me, I yelled out in pain saying stop but he continued - my position during this exam was even more vulnerable than that of a pelvic exam - several times I said stop, to no avail. As I was getting dressed, his nurse told me that 'he always does that' , some comfort! He explained that he was unaccustomed to performing exams on unsedated patients. I wrote him a letter explaining my concerns and offering my clinical teaching skills to the gastroenterology clinical skills program - he did not respond, I sent him another copy, no response - he teaches interns and I KNOW how students do exactly what they see, this is scary when I think of how many others may be practicing in the same manner. In case you are wondering, I have had 4 rectal exams by different practioners and none of them were painful nor left me feeling violated. The intimate nature of the exam makes it difficult to talk about. So here I am almost two years later, finally warning other patients to stay away from Fergal Donnellan - while I enjoyed my pre-exam conversation with him, I was completely unprepared for his poor practical skills and his apparent disregard for my comfort and safety, which left me feeling traumatized and violated. Also, his apparent unwillingness to discuss the possibility of improving gastroenterology clinical skills, perpetuates the common belief of medical elitism, that they are beyond being able not only to admit making mistakes, but also, to accept advice and teachings from us, the lowly patients. Rating is terrible.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Have been seeing this doctor for 18 months with 4 procedures gastroendoscope and ERCP visits to his office are brief asks how you are feeling and result and next step problem is he says I need to see you next month or in a few weeks my staff will call will a date for another ERCP terms like high risk for cancer you wait for staff to call with a date and time 2 weeks you call staff they give you a date remembering Dr wanted to see you in a couple of weeks you get an apt 1 month later the day come office calls to cancel and new date new date is approaching and staff call with new time day arrives and staff call again to cancel with new date Dr implies the original test gastroendoscope results and pathologist discussion indicate ERCP should be done soon and you wait 4 months due to hAving to cancelled apt I can see cancelling 1 but this has happened on several occasions 5 times with different procedures would be ok if you lived close or didn't need to arrange a ride take days off without pay only to be cancelled

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Had a gastroendoscopy with him. I woke up during the procedure and he treated me really badly. Didn't even say sorry, jut said "it is normal". I have done the same procedure other 3 times and I have never had the same problem... no, it is not normal and you can be a better human being...

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Giving me my life back, so that I can live after the mistakes of malpractice.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I have a good doctor this is not a good Doctor or staff. Staff put in wrong IV needle then used the wrong IV bag. Lucky I am not diabetic. Then the doctor performed a life destroying procedure that left me in the Hospital for six weeks.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Donellan has helped me tremendously in the past 4 years. He is very professional yet down to earth. I was originally referred to him by my Oncologist, can't say enough about my quality of life now compared to then. Staff is also very prompt at returning messages.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr.Donellan performed a biopsy that he took weeks to forward to my oncologist. I saw him 3 times in 5 months for a stent & then stent replacements. The 1st time it only lasted only a few weeks before it needed to be replaced again. I was in a lot of pain, & my wife rushed me to ER & I was in hospital in the hallway with a terrible infection for 6 days before I was able to see him. He told me that If I had contacted him directly, he would've seen my earlier --after the fact. The 3rd time, he told me patients with my condition usually don't outlive the stent he put in. Nice. Consequently my treatment for antibiotics was not given correctly & after being released, I had to be rushed back to hospital for 2 more nights to get correct antibiotic treatment to clear up infection from stent. This guy needs to step it up in both his bedside manner & his performance.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

very pleased with treatment by Dr. Fergal Donnellan and all particapting staff.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

During a routine endoscopic procedure Dr Donnellan punctured my left lung and esophagus. A different Doctor performed surgery three days later for a collapsed lung and internal bleeding and saved my life. After six weeks of recovery I am in constant pain and I am disfigured from emergency surgery. Avoid this Doctor, find another Doctor. Do not take no for an answer!

Submitted November 23, 2015