You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Fergal Donnellan

Dr.Donellan performed a biopsy that he took weeks to forward to my oncologist. I saw him 3 times in 5 months for a stent & then stent replacements. The 1st time it only lasted only a few weeks before it needed to be replaced again. I was in a lot of pain, & my wife rushed me to ER & I was in hospital in the hallway with a terrible infection for 6 days before I was able to see him. He told me that If I had contacted him directly, he would've seen my earlier --after the fact. The 3rd time, he told me patients with my condition usually don't outlive the stent he put in. Nice. Consequently my treatment for antibiotics was not given correctly & after being released, I had to be rushed back to hospital for 2 more nights to get correct antibiotic treatment to clear up infection from stent. This guy needs to step it up in both his bedside manner & his performance.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

very pleased with treatment by Dr. Fergal Donnellan and all particapting staff.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

During a routine endoscopic procedure Dr Donnellan punctured my left lung and esophagus. A different Doctor performed surgery three days later for a collapsed lung and internal bleeding and saved my life. After six weeks of recovery I am in constant pain and I am disfigured from emergency surgery. Avoid this Doctor, find another Doctor. Do not take no for an answer!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Donnellan did a colonoscopy on me yesterday that was not quite straight forward. He did an amazing job . Today he phoned me with the results. How lucky am I to have been lucky enough to have him treat me.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have seend Dr Donnellan a few times now. I also felt that he was very friendly and helpful at first. But I kind of feel like he doesn't take my concerns very seriously. He sits and speaks with you mostly, no examine at all. Just some free stool softeners! WOO! :| But after being diagnosed with Celiac, he said he would refer me to a nutritionist. That ever happened, but I did receive my own referral form in the mail...???? I called his office and they told me it was sent to me in error, ignore it. And most recently (Sept 2014) , I came back to him with continued digestive issues. He said he set up an appointment for a scope thingy. A month later, still waiting to hear about an appointment, I called his office, they said they still had me on the wait list, they were booking into November. I called back last week (Feb 2015) because likely they had forgotten about me, and they set me up for an appointment next week. So yeah, probably just a disorganized office, but not my favourite doctor to see.

Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Donnellan was referred to me by my Oncologist at BCCA. The first appointment was good, he is quite "down-to-earth" and I found him to be knowledgeable and professional while being very easy to talk to.....a week after that appointment he performed a gastroscopy at UBC Hospital. I couldn't guarantee that someone would be able to pick me up so the nurses told me my only option was to go "no anesthetic". I was reluctant but they assured me that it would be okay and I went ahead. It's not very nice but it's no big deal either, went really smoothly, no gagging or choking. Dr. Donnellan talked me through the whole thing...really put me at ease. He and the staff there really made me feel cared for....the next thing I knew I was walking out of there. I am very happy with Dr. Donnellan.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

All around great doctor. Right to the point. Asked what seemed to be appropriate questions. Had a clearly explained plan for arriving at a diagnosis, and followed through on that quite quickly. Had an endoscopy with him that went very smoothly. Was partly sedated and never felt a thing (other than the IV from the nurse, which was no big deal). Great follow up. He and his support staff returned calls in a totally reasonable time frame. Always amazed with some of the inappropriate negative comments people leave. I think maybe they forget that medicine is like rocket science, only a lot more complicated. Someone noted issues with sugar and a recommended diet - sounds like they have diabetes, and should maybe be reviewing their recommended diet with them - do they think a GI doctor is somehow also a diabetes doctor? I'm sure its hard enough to become a specialist in 1 field already...

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. DONNELLAN seems to make lots of promises of calling and being available but, even after many reminders to his office, he does not return calls. He may ( ? )be knowledgeable but that serves no use if he treats his follow up appointmments this way. Apparently he would call me last night for sure before leaving for 3 weeks and he did not. This has been going on for just over 6 weeks. I believe this is complete lack of consideration and professionalism and may well be cause of a malpractice suit!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I liked Dr Donnellan. He was friendly and attentive and I had a colonoscopy as well as an endoscopy. In the end it was IBS and I can control most of it through stress and diet. I think many people have generic issues like this and nothing serious and are offended when a Dr isn't giving them endless attention because of it. In terms of specialists I found him professional, approachable and competent.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Fergal Donnellan's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Donellan performed a biopsy that he took weeks to forward to my oncologist. I saw him 3 times in 5 months for a stent & then stent replacements. The 1st ..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "very pleased with treatment by Dr. Fergal Donnellan and all particapting staff."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "During a routine endoscopic procedure Dr Donnellan punctured my left lung and esophagus. A different Doctor performed surgery three days later for a collapsed ..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Donnellan did a colonoscopy on me yesterday that was not quite straight forward. He did an amazing job . Today he phoned me with the results. How lucky am..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very friendly easy to understand did not complicate explanations Made me feel at ease "

April 29, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have seend Dr Donnellan a few times now. I also felt that he was very friendly and helpful at first. But I kind of feel like he doesn't take my concerns ver..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Donnellan was referred to me by my Oncologist at BCCA. The first appointment was good, he is quite "down-to-earth" and I found him to be knowledgeable an..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All around great doctor. Right to the point. Asked what seemed to be appropriate questions. Had a clearly explained plan for arriving at a diagnosis, and follow..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. DONNELLAN seems to make lots of promises of calling and being available but, even after many reminders to his office, he does not return calls. He may ( ? )..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I liked Dr Donnellan. He was friendly and attentive and I had a colonoscopy as well as an endoscopy. In the end it was IBS and I can control most of it through ..."

September 18, 2014