Ratings for Dr. Darren Sass

We were referred to Dr. Sass for our young son. His front staff were very friendly and answered our questions. We got in on time and did not have to wait. Unfortunatley, after seeing him I did not feel very good about the appointment. He suggested my son may have a certain eye disorder that may affect his life in a horrible way. When I asked questions about his case and for more info, he said "He did not want to get into it, but it is a concerning health issue". He referred us to a pediatric opthalmologist who we just recently saw, and he was APPALLED and felt so bad for us that Dr. Sass would even put that "health issue" in our heads. Dr. Sass only observed my son, and did a quick eye exam. He did not dilate his eyes (like the opthalmologist did). So how would he know he may have a concerning health issue without actually looking into his eyes by dilation?? The opthalmologist also said that he has heard of many families coming to him with concerns brought on my Dr. Sass and says he gives families the worst case senario. My son does NOT have this "health issue" that Dr. Sass put in our heads and made us worry about for weeks!!!! I will not be returning!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

AMAZING Doctor! Had a totally out of the box approach to examining our kids. Instead of trying to make the kids sit still & fit into the structure of a typical eye exam, he was on the floor with them, joining in their activities and conducting the exam as he went. I appreciated how calm and organized he was, you can tell he has an incredibly huge heart. At the end he gave us the eye exam results showing what he had been evaluating & where our children fit in relation to each point. His team also gave us lots & lots of handouts educating us on simple activities, things we could do at home to better strengthen eyes, hand eye coordination etc. Was really impressed, will definitely return. Thanks Dr. Saas & your great team!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Sass as an occupational therapist, and find his knowledge of the developing brain and functional vision are amazing. He has been very helpful, and open to collaboration with other professionals in putting together all the pieces of the puzzle which is the growing child with disabling conditions. He may run late, but it is because he has taken extra time for children who need it, when they are with him.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

I saw him many years ago for a tramatic brain injury from a MVA. He was extremely knowledgeable about TBI and its effects on vision. He helped get me thru the early stages of my recovery with my eyesight. Many years later i still have vision disorder but doing much better. Dr Sass , you are a great DR and a pioneer in many ways..thank you

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Sass saw my 15 mth old daughter. She is very shy and he took extra time to make her feel comfortable. His gentle approach put us all at ease. His staff is amazing! They are so friendly and warm, my daughter just loves them. I highly recommend Dr. Sass to any and all!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. Sass and everyone that works at InSight are wonderful. My son is special needs and in his anxiety will poke his eyes. Dr. Sass has skipped lunch and stayed late, just to help him. He has taken the time to sit and talk with my son, trying to help him understand the damage that is being done. The support staff are also very caring, cheerful, and helpful. A great place to be.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I would never reommend this dr to anyone. i took my son to see him at 6 months, 18 months, and again at almost 3(all for regular check ups). this last time, he didn't speak to my husband or i about what he was doing or writing. my son got upset while he tried looking in his eyes and he rudely told us "i can't do this." and then wrote up a recommendation to infant development program for his "anxiety." for a pediatric optometrist, he knows very little on how to deal with children. furthermore, he had no idea that both my husband and i work with children and looked at us like we were clueless. i will never go back to him, and tell others to steer clear of him wtih their children too.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013