Ratings for Dr. Charles Shaver

First visit was impressed. Asked thorough back ground he listened. Ordered blood work. Go back today left in tears completely defeated. I'm suffering from a rare side effect of an fq antibiotic and am in extreme pain in both hands. My fam doc has never seen anyone with it .. Dr shaver said seen it twice in long time. Anyways. Nothing in blood work... he shrugs and says probably reaction to the fq (thanks we knew that already!) Then adds there is nothing I can do. I ask for recommendations for work because can't work with my hands. He hims and haws and then says yeah 10 days off couldnt hurt. When I had him the forms to get that time off he says "I dont do forms". Gave me stupid piece of paper that says 10 days off school or work for abovery patient. (that is useless to me work won't even look at it) and appeared to feel I should be grateful for not charging me a fee for the useless paper. When i told him the pain was getting worse he said nothing. Never addressed it at all. He totally dismissed me and the pain I'm in. I would recommend taking yourself to be treated by a veterinarian before this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr Shaver examined me for a pre-operative medical exam. I found him friendly and knowledgeable. He pointed out a heart condition that all previous doctors before him had overlooked despite me complaining about my heart to these other doctors. Thank you Doctor Shaver.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013