Ratings for Dr. Ludmila Shimanovsky

Been her patient for years - Usually very dismissive and uninterested. Literally had one positive interaction with her. She had to google Celiac blood test and mentioned that when she was in med school there were only biopsies available. I shutter to think what other things she didn't keep up with after med school. Her one redeeming quality is that I come and say : I want (insert name of test/referal) and she gives it to me

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Great doctor! Have been her patient for 5 years and she knows what she is doing!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Shimanovsky for a long time. She is busy at times but cares very much. She is a great physician. She has been busier at times and it took longer to get to an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I'd been a patient of Dr. Shimanovsky for many years. Over the years she has shown that she is unprofessional, doesn't understand symptoms (a google search typically yields more accurate diagnoses), and rushes patients. I have experienced two major blunders with her: 1) She missed an alarming result on a routine blood report which was an early warning sign that I was on my way to developing a serious condition. I was the one who later found this by carefully studying my report and googling information. Thankfully, I was able to narrowly avoid a serious health problem by taking some supplements. 2) I had an alarming, very visible symptom with an unknown root cause. However, she kept on dismissing this as "probably some virus I picked up while clubbing". She said this to me four times, even though I explained that I hadn't been anywhere other than home and school. She replied with a very skeptical, patronizing, "Sure..." Needless to say, this is incredibly unprofessional, ignorant, dismissive, and she never ended up finding the cause of the issue or diagnosing it, much less treating it. Unacceptable! When you come to see her with flu-like symptoms, no matter how bad, she sends you away and asks you to come back in 72 hours (another imminent health card swipe). While stern, her assistant / receptionist is helpful and does her best to fit you in for an appointment - I'd like to give credit where it's due, as it can't be easy to schedule patients when the doctor is not working or on vacation half the time. Overall, the doctor is not knowledgeable, not compassionate, not helpful, and certainly doesn't hold a candle to a simple google search. I strongly recommend looking for an alternative.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I've been going to doctor Shimanovsky for over 10 years and find her very helpful, knowledgeable and willing to take me last minute check-ups whenever needed. I would like to comment of the last two responses. All doctors appointments, the waiting time takes an hour long, and the appointments are very short, and yes, all paperwork costs money. But this is the Canadian Healthcare system and does not reflect the quality of the doctors.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I've been patient of Dr. Shimanovsky for years. I found her knowledgeable and helpful doctor, always sympathetic to my needs. It is true that she's almost always being late. Speaking about charges... Every doctor charges for papers, but her charges are very reasonable. I can only remember I was paying 50$ for the medical form. If you talking about referrals for paramedics like massage, chiropractors, etc., the charges are really cheap.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

We are going to the Dr.Shimanovsky for year and have not found any misrepresentation in her professional approach to our members of the family or to other patients. As for long queue, I may only comment that it might have happened due to patients' requests to accept them in addition and doctor tries to accommodate more patients which actually have been booking appointments. You always have right to choose another practitioner or use walk-in clinics in case of emergencies. Valiyev’s family

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I agree with the previous comment completely. This arrogance is unacceptable. This is like a rule these days, that Russian speaking family doctors have the worst reputation. Too pity they bring here this kind of attitude, because there are senior people that don't speak English and have no choice but choose between these all these post soviet amateurs with exceptional arrogance and no compassion.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Shimanovsky is apathetic to her patient's needs. I have been going to her for many years, and am switching to a different doctor because of her lack of helpfulness during serious times of need. She is always late - even if you are the first patient at 12:00 pm. She does not prioritize needs, and if you have been a patient of hers for a while, she may even snap at you. She has said inappropriate things for a health professional. She charges me for paper, for referrals, and has very high prices for filling out forms (once I paid $100). I would never recommend going to her.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014