Ratings for Dr. Arthur Helman

Perhaps I could tolerate this man's incredible arrogance if he was a good Doctor, but he is not a good Doctor in any way. He is cavalier and very uncaring to the far too many patients he services in many nursing homes. I often speak to the families of others at the same home as my parent, and we lament our misfortune of having this man assigned to caring for our loved ones. He simply does not care. He refuses to take direction from specialists and will not have prescriptions ordered - I have never heard of a GP overriding a specialist but this guy does it routinely. Shame on the Ministry and the Nursing Homes for hiring a man with so little compassion and with such a nasty and stubborn streak.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

Dr. Helman works in a nursing home. He sometimes chooses not to communicate with persons having power of care. He does not have a usable phone number that is available to patients or that the nursing home will provide. I have concerns about his prescribing ability and his reluctance to talk to patient's specialists when complex care patients are experiencing medical difficulties.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013

Challenging communication. Reliance on continued medication, and adds additional. Slow response to damaging effects of medications on elderly patients in my family.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013