Ratings for Dr. Michael Walsh

I have read all the comments and feel obliged to comment in Dr Walsh's favour. I suffered from severe head pain...excruciating episodes that would last for 20mins than disappear...a few times each day...for a few weeks at a time. I had visited other Neurologists over a number of years...had tried different medications...all to no avail. From the time I first met Dr Walsh I can only say that he listened while I told him my story...and immediately told me that he knew what my headaches were. I have been on the medication thst he gave me for around 8 years now. My head pain no longer exists and I lead a normal life once more. I didnt go to Dr Walsh to b treated with kid gloves and kind words...I was desparate...and I thank God that I was lucky enough to meet this Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I have never in my life come from a Specialist visit feeling so upset. He would have to be the rudest most uncaring , abrupt and condescending person I have ever met. He made me feel like I shouldn't even be there - and I certainly won't ever again. One visit was enough for me. Only went to him because he visits a regional centre and it was a more convenient location. I'd rather walk to the city to see a real doctor than see him again. The appointment being so late wouldn't concern me if He was a good doctor but to wait hrs then treated like that? He did not smile or say one nice word the whole appointment. You obviously hate your job Dr Walsh so I think you should consider a career change. You have no idea the effect you have on people as I'm still trying to get over this ordeal and move on.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

In tears as I type this. I had been seeing Dr Walsh for many years and right now I feel crushed. This neurologist has no heart and no soul. His compassion is non existent and it is more than obvious he is only in it for the $$$. The way he talks to people he believes are 'beneath him' is like nothing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. His rudeness goes beyond even the word rude, there is simply no word to sum up his demeanor. His 'God Complex' is evident. Yet he is allowed to treat others this way, as there is minimal to no competition and no consequence to his actions. It begs the question, how can one be so cold toward those so vulnerable? Only a monster would.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Have been seen by Dr Walsh for about 2 years i feel he has good knowledge but lacks alot when you expect to go there and get answers you feel like you leave with the same thoughts as when you arrived , go in 15mins later that will be 320 dollars thanks for comming see you in 6months .. i have been on Tegatol 400mg since i was 8 and now 30 and have had very diferent mood swings before i could ask to change medication or ask what are the side affects ( which are mood swings .. automatically said i had Bipolar Don't recommend one bit

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Dr Walsh treated my mother for 5 years ànd had an MRI done in 2012 showed a leison on her brain. You would think that if he is such a Neurologist he would keep an eye on it well this was never the case. So last year we lost our Beautiful Mother to a Brain Tumor. Thanks for not doing your job - I would call you many more things but unlike him I am professional in my dealings. Totally understand why there are so many nwgative comments

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

The only reason I googled this guy's name is because I was sure that I couldn't be the only one who thinks he's a massive douche canoe. How this guy makes it through life without being punched in the face on a daily basis simply mystifies me. He doesn't have the skill to justify his arrogance, and would aggressively pass blame on to patents and other doctors whenever he screwed up. This man is a bad doctor and a abhorrent human being.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr Walsh saved my life. I find him to be a breath of fresh air. He has great knowledge and I have found him to be very kind and understanding and never in a rush to choof me out..I have been seeing him now for just over 10 years and have never found him to be arrogant or rude...I thoroughly recommend him to anyone who needs a nuerolgist who excells in his field.....a very sincere thankyou Dr Walsh.......Jen Zande

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I must admit this guy upset me with his abrupt bordering on abusive manner which just came out of the blue. I hope he knows what he is on about...seemed to jump at a diagnosis a bit too quick for my liking before asking questions. I am considering whether or not to go back to him at present. Seemed be be the bully type. Not surprised at some of the negative reviews on here and glad that I am not the only one. He seems the type that gets stressed very easy. After being put in my place (for what ever reason) I did not want to ask any more questions and that is definately a bad thing.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Walsh for 18months now. He has been a huge support to me during a very difficult time and range of treatments plans and changes. I have been treated for MS for 12 years now and in that time have had numerous neurologists and specialists. Dr Walsh is the first one that I feel completely has my back and is making the best decisions for me and for my illness. He can be quirky and perhaps abrupt but medically I know he is making the best decisions for me and for my future and that's more important to me than his punctuality or his bedside manner!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I saw him for years, found Dr Walsh to be extremely rude, and arrogant, yes he was always late for appointments but you need to give him time as some patients could be difficult before you and oh my god when you could hear him shouting at that patient who was in before you, Then you knew you were going to cop a massive attitude from him, he was actually frightening, i was terrified to see him.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016