Ratings for Dr. Michael Walsh

I have been seeing Dr Walsh for a little over 2 years. I think he is amazing and I actually enjoy his quirkiness. His staff have always been very helpful to me.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have found Dr. Walsh extremely helpful to me, not only with the management of my Illness, but by helping me understand my Conditions. He shows a great deal of Empathy towards me as well to his numerous other Patients. Yes he maybe late at times, but when you see the Cruel Afflictions some of his young Patients Suffer, you can't help but admire his Practicality, Professionalism and Good Humour. If you believe YOU are the only one in Pain or on a Tight Schedule, I guess YOU may well be the one who needs to reassess your own Priorities. Dr. Walsh is one of the Hardest Working Specialists I see. He gets things done, doesn't suffer FOOLS and is ALWAYS available if I NEED him. I have seen many Neurologist over 45 years and Dr. Walsh is simply one of the Finest Doctors I have ever seen. I have NO hesitation in Recommending Dr. Walsh to anyone needing Neurological care. john.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Staff are completely unprofessional, complaing to each other about the doctors and other staff. Dr Walsh however was firm but fair, hard truths but could've been more understanding. He was extremely late (45mins) on arrival which I found completely rude and heard his staff complain about it as well. Seems a lack or communication and respect in this practice. I'm seeing my doctor next week for another referral.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I am perplexed by the toxic tones of other reviews.... Dr Walsh is the most caring neurologist I have been privileged to be treated by.. Yes there has been many... His staff are amazing.... Extremely helpful, reliable, efficient, caring.... For good sake what more does one want????? I guess people only place fingers on keyboards when they are unhappy..... Not when they are satisfied, well, happy..... A special mention to Julian who gets out of his chair to assist patients with mobility issues... Yes he opens doors....

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

This is the worst Doctor i have come across very arrogant and spoke to me like i was nothing did not give me anytime despite i had to wait 8 months to see him and paid him over $440 for about 5 minutes while he was on the phone to other doctors about other patients while i was paying then basically told me their was nothing wrong with me despite losing the last 10 years of my life with Occipital Neuralgia.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I cancelled my appointment after dealing with his rude receptionist who needs retraining on how to deal with customers.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I saw Dr. Walsh today. Going in, I was a bit spooked by the negative reviews here. I had resigned myself to waiting for hours on end, being berated or belittled, and was hoping that despite it all he might at least do something to help, if I was fortunate enough to escape being told it was all in my head. Like others I was extra vulnerable because I don't yet have a diagnosis after a long, expensive and painful road so far. I needn't have worried. I'm sorry to hear others had some negative experiences, but I wish you'd shared them here in a more tempered way. Dr. Walsh was perfect. He greeted me with a smile and apologized for the wait—but it was around 45 minutes, which I find perfectly reasonable. When you're chronically ill, waiting to see a specialist is the least of your worries. I know genuine compassion when I see it. I know a thing or two about neurology, so I know competence when I see it. At no point did I feel rushed. He prompted my descriptions and accepted everything I reported about my experience. I have something hard to diagnose, and he said it could be something he'd seen only once before. He made a phone call to retrieve the precise diagnostic test for that condition. Perfect—that's what you want, a specialist who won't put you in an easy box, but who will drill down to remote possibilities if evidence points that way. He explained to me several possible conditions, and prescribed tests accordingly. He showed more empathy by saying "If X comes back all clear, we can breathe a sigh of relief." He asked if I would be interested in medication to manage my symptoms in the meantime, and explained to me the side effects of several options so I could make an informed choice. He finished by asking if I had any questions, which he patiently answered. I came away with several tests to obtain, and a clear sense of why this was the best course of action, what I could expect in terms of wait times, when my next appointment would be, why it would be then, and what would happen if the tests failed to enlighten us. Oh, and he apologized that he couldn't come up with any more possibilities to explore, which he needn't have. I couldn't fault him for a single thing, and that's why I came back here to chime in. If you're reading this, keep in mind that typically those who have a positive experience aren't motivated to go online afterwards. As for the staff, they were friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I understand some of the reviews.. however after I have been with another "lovely, kind, considerate" allegedly Neurologist who told me after treating me for over 12 months that I had nothing further wrong with me and i should just accept that after brain surgery and resulting epilepsy that I "should just accept that this in my life now and to stop wasting his time".... this resulted in further brain surgery 1 month later.... Dr Michael Walsh is an amazing Neurologist.... He is not in this position to line his pockets. Trust me he is cheaper then others... He cares about his patients and really does think about how to treat them for the best result. Sure Dr Walsh doesn't run to schedule.... what honest caring Doctor does????? He will give you time if you want to be well. If you are looking for as best friend then Dr Walsh is NOT the one to see... If you are looking for a Neurologist who will go the hard yards for you... Dr Walsh IS your man! And YES I have been yelled at and called a f*&kING idiot..... and he was right.. I was an idiot I was smoking with a neurological condition! Oh and his staff have been nothing but efficient professional kind and caring - They even get off their bums and open doors for patients who are struggling physically. Thank you - H. Scott

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

i cancelled my appointment with michael after dealing twice with his rude staff and reading these reviews. my 1st contact was very unpleasant. the person at the other end did not introduce themselves, i had to ask if i had the right number, & they continued to be very rude. my 2nd contact, i was in tears, desperate to see somebody about my quickly progressing, debilitating condition. i was interrupted mid sentence and told non empathetically, i was on the cancellation list and that was best they could do. if this was truly the case, i could accept it, but nobody deserves to be spoken to as if they are worthless. the staff member did not even bother to listen to how serious my condition had become. do not take any notice of my ratings for punctuality or knowledge, as i did not see the dr.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Walsh for 7 yrs. I have made a decision to not go back to him. I walk out of there in tears nearly every time. He is so rude, abrupt and obnoxious. I have paid him thousands of dollars and feel like money is more important to him than treating me. I have waited hours in the waiting after driving 3 hours to get to his regional rooms and then spent 3 mins with him as he ushers me out the door while I'm still asking questions. Then it costs me $300. Don't even bother skyping him either as it's more expensive than going to see him and only lasts 5 min. The most uncaring, egotistical man that thinks he is above everyone else. Not one ounce of compassion!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017