Ratings for Dr. Michael Walsh

I have been seeing Dr Michael Walsh for the past 3 years. He saved my eyesight and saved me from having a stroke. He has always apologised if ever he has had an emergency! That is quite Understandable, I was only to happy to wait. He has always happy to talk to me and make sure I was understanding my condition. Always checks on my medication, asks if there is anything I need (scripts etc) he has even double checked with another specialist I go to, to make sure l am OK. I honestly don’t think some of these comments are about the Dr Michael Walsh that I go to At Greenslopes Hospital. I can only add that I am very appreciative for the care he has given me.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I saw Dr Walsh a few years ago. I found him to be extremely competent and he diagnosed me with Small fiber neuropathy which was related to my CFS/ME. I had been to so many doctors to find the cause of my pain and he nailed it. He was great and I would refer friends or family to him and other people with CFS or ME.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr Michael Walsh treated my 59 yr old Epileptic father horribly today. 3pm at PA hospital My father with my Monther were sent to Walsh by their GP and Walsh - completely handled my fathers epileptic care with disgrace and unprofessionalism. First he tried to tell them they should not have been sent to him because they live in Auchenflower Brisbane, even though he was sent by their GP. followed by belittling my father as to why at times my father forgets to take his pills. You definitely upset my mother for sure but because my father was trying to calm her down you said to them “Keep your Domestics out” well it would have been because of you as to why they were getting upset in the first place. He spoke to my father like a child and even called my father an “Idiot”. My father has anger issues and you are lucky he did not attack you!! Now we have to deal with it, you better hope that my father does not “Fit” this week mate? You have really upset my parents and they should not have been treated the way you treated them with your condescending and unprofessional way.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Today, 29/11/2017, Dr Micheal Walsh walked out of the outpatients at PA Hospital Brisbane without seeing my brother, who suffers from Cluster headaches, after waiting 2.5 hours in the waiting room. He left and didn't bother returning when he was called and alerted to the fact one of his patients was still waiting, leaving an unaware registrar to deal with my brother who was suffering a cluster headache / migraine at the time. To this point he has not called to apologies or check on his ex patient, really poor!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr Walsh treated my mother for parkinsons disease for 5 years. In this time ahe saw him approx every 3-4 months. In 2012 it appears Dr Michael Walsh ordered a MRI on my mother and it detected a lesion on the Brain. So you would expect that a specialist that is neurologist that he would then check this lesion say annually at a minimum. Well that is not the case he NEVER checked the lesion again. So on the 23rd October 2015 my beautiful Mother passed away to a GBM (Brain tumor). To this day I can not understand how this tumor was never picked up. She complained to Dr Michael Walsh of dizzy spells - Ear problems. So Dr Michael Walsh sent her ti an ENT... passing the buck yp5u would say.... So I am left with a question that has haunted me for the past 2 years....Can anyone tell me how a Neurologist misses a brain tumor that takes up the whole left side of the brain. I would suggest you research neurologist before chossing to put your life in there hands. As to me appears it all about the money not the patient. Sad to see you are still in business.. how does he sleep at night....

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

My husband and I saw Dr Walsh yesterday and found him to be professional but also caring towards myself. He listened intently to my husbands input which was very important as he is always present when a problem occurs. His staff, especially his receptionist were very pleasant and helpful. All in all a very productive day for us.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Walsh for a little over 2 years. I think he is amazing and I actually enjoy his quirkiness. His staff have always been very helpful to me.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have found Dr. Walsh extremely helpful to me, not only with the management of my Illness, but by helping me understand my Conditions. He shows a great deal of Empathy towards me as well to his numerous other Patients. Yes he maybe late at times, but when you see the Cruel Afflictions some of his young Patients Suffer, you can't help but admire his Practicality, Professionalism and Good Humour. If you believe YOU are the only one in Pain or on a Tight Schedule, I guess YOU may well be the one who needs to reassess your own Priorities. Dr. Walsh is one of the Hardest Working Specialists I see. He gets things done, doesn't suffer FOOLS and is ALWAYS available if I NEED him. I have seen many Neurologist over 45 years and Dr. Walsh is simply one of the Finest Doctors I have ever seen. I have NO hesitation in Recommending Dr. Walsh to anyone needing Neurological care. john.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Staff are completely unprofessional, complaing to each other about the doctors and other staff. Dr Walsh however was firm but fair, hard truths but could've been more understanding. He was extremely late (45mins) on arrival which I found completely rude and heard his staff complain about it as well. Seems a lack or communication and respect in this practice. I'm seeing my doctor next week for another referral.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I am perplexed by the toxic tones of other reviews.... Dr Walsh is the most caring neurologist I have been privileged to be treated by.. Yes there has been many... His staff are amazing.... Extremely helpful, reliable, efficient, caring.... For good sake what more does one want????? I guess people only place fingers on keyboards when they are unhappy..... Not when they are satisfied, well, happy..... A special mention to Julian who gets out of his chair to assist patients with mobility issues... Yes he opens doors....

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017