Ratings for Dr. John Perrins

His name is John Oerrin not Perrins. That being said he is an amazing doctor. He diagnosed my son with Aspergers and ADHD 10 years ago. He has been a great advocate and support to our family. He even came out to his school to help us advocate for some accommodations at the school. He has been a wonderful support for my son as he now transitions through to Post Secondary as change is something he can struggle with. With regards to the comment in 2012 about him having the radio on, there is a reason for that. The walls are thin. It's for privacy. If it wasn't on you can hear what is being said. So you should be thankful he is thinking of your privacy. He has been a life saver for our family and a great resource. We live an hour away and would travel anytime to see him. My benefits at work cover psychologists so it's worth it for my son. He respects his opinions and is friendly and very caring. He has vast knowledge of Autism and will help you with disability forms. He obviously works with people other than Autism but this is our experience. It's great to know my son has a doctor who cares about him and that will help him throughout his journey through life. HIGHLY RECOMMEND him!! Wonderful support!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Awesome doctor! Would recommend him. Advocated for my son with Autism at school. Great support.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I am still seeing this Psychologist, and he has helped me to understand and resolve any and all problems in my life.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr Perrin did assessments on 2 of my children . He was correct for both of them. He plays the music because his office area is small and the radio allows for privacy for the person on having their session. Dr Perrin is good and very helpful. He does not need staff as it is just him in his office.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Perrin does not have any office staff and blared Q107 in his waiting room (so not appropriate). On a recommendation from our school board, my wife and I took our son to see Dr Perrin. The expectation was that he would perform a reasonable assessment and provide guidance and advice that would be beneficial to us and to our son's well-being. After >$3,000 Dr Perrin administered a boiler-plate test and performed an assessment with a tool that has pre-determined analysis. We shared this with many people who know our son including professionals and the common response that we got was that this simply does not describe your son - the report is way off! I have never publicly criticized anyone before - it's necessary for me to make an exception and provide warning. Based on my experience with Dr Perrin, I can only conclude that he has little grasp of his profession, performs shoddy analysis, provides no uselful insight, and has nothing to offer that is either helpful or comforting.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012