Ratings for Dr. Scott J. Shulman

Very caring, very knowledgeable. He actually listens , unlike many doctors, and makes me an active participant in my treatment. He will sometimes give me a choice of treatments listing a very conservative one, a middle one, and a very aggressive one along with the benefits and drawbacks of each.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I have been going to Dr Shulman for a few years. My experience has been that he is very caring and willing to listen. He is even willing to come in early in the morning if I need an appointment the next day. Tell me... who does that?? Once he called me at home after major surgery to find out how I was. You may think I am a family member or a close friend...not at all-- I am just glad this man is my doctor and I trust him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Excellent People Skills. He spends the time with his patients to get to know them. He also makes you comfortable enough to discuss every issue that you may have. He will also refer you to a specialist as needed.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

As long as you are healthy, he is fine. The first time I had a problem, he said he wasn't concerned. I said I was and he became very angry that I wanted to find out what my symptoms meant. The practice is so large, apparently he wasn't interested in anything that may require him to think....I went to another M.D who diagnosed me within 10mins. of talking to him and telling him my symptoms. He even had a plan to follow if the diagnosis was not correct.He stated my symptoms were a concern and something to check out unlike Shulman. Never again..

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

I LOVE Dr. Shulman. He's trustworthy, kind and caring. If you call, and he is busy with another patient, you can talk to the nurse - she checks with him and gets back to you soon. Good personality!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

The very best - knowledgable, takes his time, spells out all alternatives, gives pros and cons, great personality!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Love him! He addresses each concern, is a good listener, and is conservative. However, if he believes you need to see a specialist, he doesn't hesitate to recommend you. He includes you in a treatment plan and is like a friend you can trust.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Shulman as my internist. He has the ability to put you at ease & always works me in if I really need him. He also is very reasonable in that he is never over reactionary but also is very caring and concerned. Great bedside manner

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

Dr. Shulman has been by GP for 7 years. He has always been able to work me in for a problem. Dr. Shulman also includes his patients in their treatment plan without ordering useless tests for medications.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Very good, thorough, knowledgeable, and conservative in treatment. Not easy to get an appointment. Nurses can handle some things w/o appt.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2007

Dr. Scott J. Shulman's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal