Ratings for Dr. D Katzman

We have had the terrible misfortune of having Dr. Katzman involved in our daughter's care multiple times at Sick Kids. She is the most arrogant doctor we have every met. On three occasions she actually took steps that endangered our daughter's life. She can not be trusted with the care of your child. She violates the hippocratic oath regularly. She is belittling to parents and children. She is mean beyond words and has at times flat out lied. It's her way or the highway ... if you want your child to stay alive take the highway.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Melanie, the nurse working with Dr. Katzman is very nice and so good with my kids. Doctor Katzman knows it all and is very helpful when your child is very ill, although she can be terribly rude and really hurt your child's feelings but in the end she helps. But when your child is getting better and is on their way to full recovery she is not very good because she treats them liked inpatients. She isn't too helpful then. Another problem is that the program she directs isn't very realistic for a teenager. The meal plans are useful for the child to gain weight in hospital but nearly impossible for the child once they leave.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

Doctor Debra Katzman was my docotor at Sick KIds for eating Disorders. She can be INCREDIBLY rude and blunt with people . At times she did indeed hurt my feelings. She doesn't quite understand what it feels like to be in pain. I feel like she was kicking me when I was down. For example in order to tell me I was admitted she simply said, "I am admitting you." Which i found very harsh. She would scream. Even the first time i met her she was impolite and treated my like dirt. And continued to be ASTONISHINGLY mean and she even picks on me as a personal joke that i do not like. She really does not deserve all the credit she gets. Her book isn't helpful. SHe seems to simply be working for money and not for the well being of adolescents. I do not like her, and would highly recommend her to be moved to a different facility.

Submitted January 3, 2013