Ratings for Dr. Dino Smiljic

Dr. Smiljic is an excellent doctor. I'm generally very hesitant, shy, even embarrassed going to the doctor, doesn't make any sense, but that's just how I'm. Dr. Smiljic makes me feel very comfortable and at ease. The Banff Clinic is amazing too, especially Ruby, so kind, patient and caring.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. Smiljic is somewhat new to the Banff/Canmore community. I have consulted with him regarding a few minor (thankfully) ailments (eg. rash, cold/flu, etc.) as well as my Alberta Class 4 driving exam. Dr. Smiljic has one of the most calm and caring 'bed side manner' and is NOT simply a pill pushing, prescription writing kind of doctor that wants to get you out of his office as fast as possible, he actually cares about your concerns (no matter how trival or seemingly petty). I found him to be VERY helpful and calming. We're truly blessed in the Bow Valley to have such amazing GP's.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Smiljic "Dino" was filling in for Dr. Kirk and I found him to be very kind and personable. He was very easy to talk to - not "arrogant" in the least. Not being my regular GP, he still took the time to talk over by wellbeing and any concerns I may have. He even researched a certain medication and discovered it was time to reduce the dosage. Dr. Kirk will always be my go to guy but Dr. Smiljic can fill in anytime. Thanks Dino :-)

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

My son had spots on his legs. I asked Dr if perhaps it were an allergy. He advised that it was either spider bites or bedbugs!! There is no rhyme or reason for either conclusion. I told him there was absolutely no way it could be a spider bite or bed bugs, and laughed off my impression it could be an allergy to dust mites. Still came at me with it was either spider bites or bed bugs. I asked if we could do an allergy test and he replied it was a waste of time. Do not waste your valuable time with this doctor. Never knowledgeable, caring or remotely professional!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Arrogant. Didn't have a clue as to what my neurological condition was (Cervical Dystonia), thought it was my Cervix, but yet he found my medications for my condition were ill-prescribed & told me they had made me a drug addict. He made me take a drug test & then proceeded to change my dosage without even consulting with my family GP & my Neurologist (who is 1 of 2 Movement Disorder Specialists in Canada).

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012