Ratings for Dr. Kym Jim

Dr Jim is such an intelligent man and Red Deer is lucky to have such a dedicated nephrologist. He may not have the charasmatic personality that people want but what he lacks in charisma, he more than makes up for in brilliance. He can only spend a few minutes with each patient because he is working long hours to serve many, many people. Don't let his 'standoffish' demenor fool you, he is very caring and remembers WAY more about you than he'll admit to.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Jim is not very good with people. Which I can see past in people like this. I have been seeing him for over 6 months now and not once have felt that he sincerely wanted to help me. He may be a brilliant man but I truly feel and felt that he had no time for me and instead of listening to my story and background, just filed me through the routine procedures. I had to dig at him to find things out because he did not offer anything each time we spoke. In my experience, he is not a doctor that wants to help people, he has chosen to become a doctor because of the status you receive as one. I know Dr. Lee as well, and being the only 2 nephrologists in central Alberta, I expect they are busy. Dr. Lee is polar opposite of Dr. Jim. He may be busy, but still treats each patient with respect and is good at listening. He seems to always have time for each person. I recommend Dr. Lee. He tries to work with you.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I have never been so displeased with a doctor in my life! He has been seeing my step father for about 5 years now. In that time I have not seen improvement, not even sure false hopes or any hope is given. They travel almost 2 hours for these doctors appointments, for which hes late to everyone, and then spends 4 mins if your lucky... Just to tell you something you could over the phone. He has gotten worse, and they don't know why, more problems have arose, and still unsure why. Well during your hospital visits maybe spend for than 2 mins with someone, and truly try and find out. I have been trying to convince him to change doctors cause this doctor is killing him quick.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Very patient and kind to our elderly, confused 90 year old mother. Very comprehensive and knows his subject. Great at teaching.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I have never been treated as poorly in my life by anyone..not to mention being an hour late and telling me that he had no intrest in my medical history when the previous week had been asked by his assistant to break down the last ten years..didnt even listen to any part of it..horrible impression:(

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr Jim is very knowledgable I ve been lucky to have him as my go to doctor for my high blood pressure.He is great.Very busy guy!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

A very busy doctor who serves the Red Deer City and region. Knowledgable and hardworking, but growing increasing arrogant and condescending to the point that I would rather drive to Calgary than waste my time with him. His ego has become his weak point and cannot admit he is ever wrong.His ego will be his downfall " It's about patient health" not your ego" remember that! have a big slice of humble pie and your patients will benefit from it.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

An intelligent, compassionate, caring man who is way way too busy which is basically the reason he is not able to be punctual. But if I have a crisis in the middle of the night, the nurses can always call him. He remembers almost all of his patients, their details, and cares about the family members as well. He works best with people who work with him to manage their disease and credit him with the vast amount of knowledge he has. A wonderful nephrologist.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr. Jim is definatly the best doctor i have seen. I first met him after being admitted into Red Deer general. After 15 years of fighting the same disease with other doctors, (and having a low understanding of what was going on, feeling like no one listened to what i needed or felt) i changed to see Dr.Jim. Since then i am much happier because he has given me access to tools and people to get the help and information that i need with caring people constantly looking out for me. I highly recommend him to anyone in need, he has helped me to feel like i can live a normal life again, and not worry so much!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Dr Jim is one of the best Doctors in Alberta. People need to understand that he is probably the hardest working Doctor in Alberta. So he is extremely busy. But the only one at fault there is the government run health care system. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009