Ratings for Dr. Kym Jim

Does not listen to patients concerns. Groups all patients in one group and not off individual needs.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I felt like he rushed me out the door. He spent the 1st portion of my appointment on the phone. I felt like he didn't want to take the time to investigate my circumstances. I'll be asking for a referral for another nephrologist.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr Jim is such an intelligent man and Red Deer is lucky to have such a dedicated nephrologist. He may not have the charasmatic personality that people want but what he lacks in charisma, he more than makes up for in brilliance. He can only spend a few minutes with each patient because he is working long hours to serve many, many people. Don't let his 'standoffish' demenor fool you, he is very caring and remembers WAY more about you than he'll admit to.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I have never been so displeased with a doctor in my life! He has been seeing my step father for about 5 years now. In that time I have not seen improvement, not even sure false hopes or any hope is given. They travel almost 2 hours for these doctors appointments, for which hes late to everyone, and then spends 4 mins if your lucky... Just to tell you something you could over the phone. He has gotten worse, and they don't know why, more problems have arose, and still unsure why. Well during your hospital visits maybe spend for than 2 mins with someone, and truly try and find out. I have been trying to convince him to change doctors cause this doctor is killing him quick.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Very patient and kind to our elderly, confused 90 year old mother. Very comprehensive and knows his subject. Great at teaching.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I have never been treated as poorly in my life by anyone..not to mention being an hour late and telling me that he had no intrest in my medical history when the previous week had been asked by his assistant to break down the last ten years..didnt even listen to any part of it..horrible impression:(

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr Jim is very knowledgable I ve been lucky to have him as my go to doctor for my high blood pressure.He is great.Very busy guy!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

A very busy doctor who serves the Red Deer City and region. Knowledgable and hardworking, but growing increasing arrogant and condescending to the point that I would rather drive to Calgary than waste my time with him. His ego has become his weak point and cannot admit he is ever wrong.His ego will be his downfall " It's about patient health" not your ego" remember that! have a big slice of humble pie and your patients will benefit from it.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

An intelligent, compassionate, caring man who is way way too busy which is basically the reason he is not able to be punctual. But if I have a crisis in the middle of the night, the nurses can always call him. He remembers almost all of his patients, their details, and cares about the family members as well. He works best with people who work with him to manage their disease and credit him with the vast amount of knowledge he has. A wonderful nephrologist.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr. Jim is definatly the best doctor i have seen. I first met him after being admitted into Red Deer general. After 15 years of fighting the same disease with other doctors, (and having a low understanding of what was going on, feeling like no one listened to what i needed or felt) i changed to see Dr.Jim. Since then i am much happier because he has given me access to tools and people to get the help and information that i need with caring people constantly looking out for me. I highly recommend him to anyone in need, he has helped me to feel like i can live a normal life again, and not worry so much!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Dr. Kym Jim's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.