Ratings for Dr. Lynne Vallee

Dr. V. was very professionnel in helping my husband and I. The issues were adressed and good solutions were discussed and explored. My husband and I had to do the work, but with Dr. V. guidance, we pulled throught. We now have a great relationship. Thanks Dr. V.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Vallee is a very effective therapist. Therapy is difficult and you have to trust the process and be open to change. She has helped me make very positive progress.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Not very helpful or knowledgeable. Won't go to her again

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. V if you are ready for change and growth in your life. She has helped my partner and I immensely in the time we've been seeing her. She calls you out on the bs and gets right to the root of the problem.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

lynne is very unprofessional, she shared things we talked about during our session with a family member who was also seeing her- and shared confidential conversations from both my family member and myself to a mutual acquaintance

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Vallee treated my family member, and not only was unhelpful, but acted in ways that were very concerning. She did not listen to or explore the issues that my family member was struggling with, but latched onto unrelated things and insisted on focusing on those, leaving my family member feeling frustrated and ignored. The second time my family member went to her, she did not have the file ready and halfway through the session suddenly said "Oh, I remember you now!" So unprofessional. I do not typically write negative reviews of anything, but I'm concerned that if my family member had been in a worse state, Dr. Vallee's actions and attitude could have had a severe negative impact, and I would not want that to happen to someone else who has worked up the courage to seek help. Would not recommend under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Vallee is a great doctor to have, working with you so you learn new coping strategies to handle your problems. It can be really hard work, but if you want your life to change, YOU have to change. Dr. V knows what she is doing and how to get you to where you need to be. I am very fortunate to be a client of hers.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Vallee, my husband and I went to her for marriage counselling. She spent a whole session with me alone telling me how to feed my teen daughter(not an issue in my marriage), despite my efforts to deflect her from going down that route in the session ($175 for 50 mins). She often talked about things going on with her on our dime. She told me to go home and research borderline personality disorders. When I asked her why she wouldn't tell me. She would wink at each of us when dealing with something that we expressed hurt from. Several times she'd wink at my husband as she said to me you'd still love your husband even if he cheated on you. Um no I wouldn't and she and he both knew that if he cheated it was over. I got the feeling if we allowed it our therapy would have continued for the rest of our lives without resolving anything. The kicker, she recommended the name of a divorce lawyer to my husband. She clearly sided with him and made it very obvious, despite us being there because of a string of lies HE had been telling for several years. I could go on and on here, but I think you get the idea...not a good one here folks don't waste your time, money or sanity.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Vallee was referred to me from the hospital. She was very thorough and even assessed me to confirm my diagnosis. As I am a physician, it was important to have someone who really knew what they were doing. She was very professional and stayed on track. The sessions were well planned out and time was used well. I am highly educated and a busy surgeon, so I appreciated the honesty (even thought some times honesty is hard to take). Dr. Vallee helped me a tremendous amount personally, with stress management and with my anxiety. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Always left her office feeling stressed and paranoid, would often cry. Did not address any of the issues affecting my life. Damaging to my self esteem. Also, made me pay for "tests" that would not be necessary in any other office, considering I came in with my diagnoses. Terrible experience. Don't.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015