Ratings for Dr. Litsa Pappas

Dr. Pappas is the absolute best doctor, in every respect, that I have ever had: knowledge, helpfulness, compassion, dedicated to her patients' physical AND emotional well-being. Lucky is the patient who has Dr. Pappas for their physician.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Pappas for a year. She was friendly, communicative, and knowledgeable. She seemed to genuinely care about my well-being. She was an active listener, and her manner was warm and gentle, but clear. If she thought I needed a test or procedure, she explained the reasons carefully. Because I was dealing with cancer at that time, I was very grateful to have her as my GP. I wish I was still in her safe hands. Unfortunately, as I had to cut down my work hours, I found the annual fees a hardship. I would have managed somehow, because what's more important than health care? But when I called the business manager at the time of my renewal to ask, politely, if there were any options in the annual plan, he very brusquely informed me there were not - without explaining why another patient I knew was paying several hundred dollars less, in a plan that apparently covered doctor visits but no medical tests. I would have been ok if he'd said that option once existed but no longer, or it was only offered to seniors, or any other reasonable explanation. I probably would have renewed, with all the "bells and whistles" that I couldn't afford. But to be brushed off with no explanation was so off-putting that I couldn't bring myself to do it. I miss Dr. Pappas and would definitely recommend her as a lovely and competent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

After years of not having had a doctor, I joined the private clinic where Dr. Pappas works. I had a blood test done and BP taken and a carotid artery ultrasound. When the results came back, Dr Pappas told me that I was 'a heart attack and stroke waiting to happen'!!! I was very alarmed because up until then I had considered myself to be a healthy, albeit overweight, 64 year old who ate very well and went to the gym 3x per week. Dr. Pappas insisted that I take BP lowering meds and statins. I told her that I preferred to do lifestyle changes (diet and more exercise). She kept insisting but I was determined to avoid the drug route. I went home upset and worried that at age 64, I was on the verge of a heart attack and stroke, as she told me. She hadn't referred me to a cardiologist which I found odd... I made an appt myself...and finally saw the cardiologist, Dr Palaic 8 months later. He looked at all my test results and said I was within the normal range for everything and so what was I doing seeing him...basically wasting his time. He could not explain Dr. Pappas' decision to put me on statins and BP lowering meds. He took my BP and gave me a sheet on how to lower salt intake in the diet. That was it! I went back to Dr Pappas and told her that I was upset that she basically lied to me telling me I was a heart attack and stroke waiting to happen. She was very defensive and sarcastic. Keep faaar away from this pill pusher..which unfortunately most doctors have become. Please note that Big Pharma has brought down TWICE 'the normal range' on BP, cholesterol and sugar levels. Now most people over 55 are on drugs for at least one of these conditions. In Italy for example, 'normal' systolic BP for people over 60 is still 140 - 160. Here one would be on BP lowering meds. Endocrinologists consider ideal sugar levels for diabetics, between 6 - 9. The NEW norm is 3.5 - 6. A person with a reading of 5.2 like my sister in law is on diabetes medication....and feels weak and sick. Patient Beware! The younger, newer doctors are the most indoctrinated by Big Pharma.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I joined the private clinic in Kirkland expecting to get excellent health care. What I got from Dr, Pappas was the exact opposite. She sent me for a standard blood test, a carotid artery ultrasound and took my BP etc.. When I went back a week later for the results, Dr. Pappas announced bluntly, "You are a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen!" Never having been on any medication, I was shocked. She wanted me on BP meds and statins. I told her that I would prefer a lifestyle approach first rather than take drugs but she did not agree to it. A week later I decided to make an appt to see a cardiologist since after all I was a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen. During the 7 month wait for an appt I worried. When I saw the cardiologist he told me my test results did not warrant any drug treatment. Just reduce my salt intake. I went to see Dr. Pappas and she was very defensive and rude. She said that her comment was not to be taken literally!!! Shocking bedside manner!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Pappas is THE MOST AMAZING doctor I have ever had; she is indeed all that and more. There aren't enough superlatives to describe Dr. Pappas: she is extremely bright, accomplished, professional, compassionate, judicious, thoughtful, kind, efficient, straightforward, oh, and did I mention that she also happens to be beautiful inside and out? I count my blessings that I have Dr. Pappas looking out for me!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I agree with positive comments about Dr. Pappas. She is very experienced and knowledgeable. I also love that she is compassionate, listens really closely (never brushing anything off), but she is also very no-nonsense and tells it like it is. This is the perfect combination of skills and characteristics for being the most helpful possible physician. The minute she received my test results and learned I had low ferritin, she had the office call me and my pharmacist so that I could start on iron supplements immediately (even though I'm seeing her again in 2 weeks). THAT'S service!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr. Pappas probably saved my life. I was complaining to my last doctor about the same problem for over a year and a half and she did nothing. A friend recommended Dr. Pappas so I joined AccessMed in January 2013, and she right away took charge of my health and gave me answers. Right now what I have is pre-cancer I'm having a hysterectomy next month. I'm sure I'll be fine now, thanks to Dr. Pappas and her genuine concern, thoroughness, and her extensive medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

There aren't enough superlatives to describe this most wonderful doctor. I am truly blessed to be a patient of Dr. Papas; she is not only knowledgeable, accomplished, and worthy of trust, she is probably the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever known. Dr. Papas is bright, beautiful, always smiling, eager to listen, not afraid to pat you on the shoulder or to show her keen interest in her patients' emotional wellbeing as well as their physical health. It's clear also that all the staff in the clinic love and respect her. I am truly blessed to be her patient. Run, don't walk to this fantastic doctor's practice at the AccessMed clinic in Kirkland (am I allowed to say that?)

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Pappas has all the qualities I look for in a GP – she’s knowledgeable, thorough, friendly, and conveys her concern for your well-being without wagging a finger in your face. I also like that you don’t feel rushed. Maybe that’s because she’s at a private medical clinic, but I have the impression she’d be that way in the public system too. Finally, I appreciate that you don’t walk away without being very clear about what she’s said. Before you leave, she summarizes everything and makes sure you understood. That’s so important. I’ve had a number of GPs over the years, and I can’t remember another one who had the whole package.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012