Ratings for Dr. Akrem Alatrash

Love that he immediately sent me for tons of tests instead of just sitting back and telling me to come back if it doesn't resolve, or anything passive like that. I've debated going back to him because of that. Proactive doctors are hard to find. However, his advice to put me on Synthroid right away just because my TSH was mildly elavated, scared me off. I'm now hesitant. Upon seeing another doctor, I was told that mild elavation often corrects itself. After staring adrenal supplements, my TSH dropped back into the normal range again. Had I gone on Synthroid, I might have encouraged my thyroid to become more lazy and my TSH to continue increasing. This is why I left him. I do still recommend him to others though - at least to see him once or twice and see how they feel about him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr. Alatrash is an unprofessional and overall unkind individual. He treats female patients in a particularly poor manner. He is sarcastic and the women at the front desk are unbearable. Was his patient for years, PLEASE do not go to him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I saw him for the first time today and was very pleased. He was knowledgeable, took his time and also has a good sense of humour. He adressed all my concerns and took his time. I would certainly see him again for another emergency.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

DO NOT make him your family physician. My family regrets doing it. He mistreated my husband for two years with antibiotic which needed surgery. He failed to diagnosed one my family member who was last stage of lever cancer, colon caner, lever tumor, colon tumor and blood clot in the lung . That family member passed away now because all health issues were failed to address by the family doctor. As a person he is nice but as a doctor he needs more training as a family physician. He is not a qualified doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I’m not sure why Dr Alatrash would merit a rating below 4 stars. He has been my family physician for several years now and while he is direct, I appreciate his honesty and ability to discern when meds are and aren’t required to treat an illness. He is the best doctor I’ve seen in Edmonton since moving here in 2004. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Medicine should be objective, professional, and respectful. It is clear that Dr. Alatrash carries prejudice and judgment with him into the examination room. He showed no care or compassion to my issue, and was insulting and abrasive. I have seen him about five times, but my last visit was the last straw. Dr. AlaTRASH's name says it all -- he is garbage.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Been my regular doctor for a number of years now. Greatly respect him and find him as one of the best and more caring doctors I've been a patient of. Really helps you work on long term good health and doesn't just write a prescription. Has really helped me improve my overall health and gives me goals to strive to obtain.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Good man. Solid clinician. I readily recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

He is patient, professional and thorough. I tend to worry about my health a lot and he never makes me feel like I'm bothering him. He doesn't dismiss my concerns but always orders tests to rule things out. I've recommend him to friends who have switched physicians because he treated them so well. Highly recommended. The staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I like him, I really do, but I find it hard to work with him. He has misdiagnosed me twice, with two separate issues, and given bad advice. The most recent case ended up being life threatening; I ended up having emergency brain surgery, not even two days after seeing him. For practical things, like general testing, or checkups, he seems to be okay - If you have a serious problem or concern - go somewhere else, and always get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016