Ratings for Dr. Therese El-Helou

She's crazy!! She is not a compassionate person. She keeps you waiting and has no respect for the elders.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Je suis heureux de savoir que je ne suis pas le seul à trouver ce dermatologue terrible. Mauvais caractère !

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Stay away as much as possible. She is arrogant. Makes you wait 2 hours with no problems. her office is a dirty and has no consideration for her patients. If Quebec did not have free healthcare she would be jobless

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Helou is that rare combination of competence and compassion. She has a superb command of her field and is 100% devoted to her patients; a good listener and an excellent diagnostician. I highly recommend her and feel we are fortunate to have such a resource in dermatology here in Montreal.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Nice doctor and caring, but is too passive in her approach. Lets the patient take the decision although she's the expert. If she could be more paternalistic in her approach she'd be much better.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

She's probably the best doctor I could ever find. When I was afraid of taking some heavy medication, she prepared a list of all possibilities and took the time to explain everything.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Easy to talk to. Explained well. Took the time to show me the issue. Good guidance about the next steps to follow. Overall very happy

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

This doctor is not good at all, she done a biopsy 2 months ago at the montreal general hospital and I never get the result, also she refferred me to a plastic surgery to remove a Basal cell and after seeing that doctor I discovered that it's not his speciality to remove this BCC and he recommended me to another dermatologist. I do not recommend this doctor for any one .

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

First, a comment about the MGH Dermatology Clinic. I had an appointment booked with a private clinic downtown who, after making me wait 9 weeks, canceled my appointment a week in advance. I got my appointment at the MGH clinic within a week of submitting my referral, for a time slot one week later (so it only took 2 weeks to get in, total). I thought this was great! I had a good first appointment with Dr. El-Helou, she gave me good treatment advice and answered all my questions patiently. She also provided lots of sources where I could find out more information on my condition. She seems knowledgeable - for example, I had been using Vitamin E to reduce scarring associated with contact dermatitis on two different GP's advice, and she was the only one who knew that I shouldn't use it because it can cause further irritation! I will be returning in 2 months for a follow-up. She also had Dr. Cheung assisting (he is still learning the specialty under her supervision) and I was very impressed with how patiently she explained everything to him and made sure he understood how she diagnosed me.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Trop rude, pas de compassion, elle ne considere pas les opiniond des patients.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015