Ratings for Dr. Willard Edwin Smith

I recommend you find a different psychiatrist. This one will insult you and make you feel petty. He is very unprofessional. I feel bad for the poor receptionist. Someone as kind as her deserves better.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I found Dr. Smith to be extremely knowledgable and helpful. When past treatment (both drug and alternative therapy) was not working for me, he made the difference! He was the Head of Psychiatry at the SJRH previous to opening the Carleton Mastery Clinic.I am so grateful that he accepted me as a patient.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

This doctor spent less than half an hour with me before he said suspiciously to me "You're not mentally ill, are you?" even though I have been treated for depression many times. He made light of traumatic events, and said that I rarely showed true emotion, things that have never been said about me, and are false. I felt very bad after two experiences with him. He deliberately mishears what you say, and responds with insult and hurtfulness. Doesn't seem to believe in medicine, only talk, which as I've said, I found very upsetting. Certainly he doesn't like me, but I suspect he doesn't like most people. (Also made light of my son's schizophrenia diagnosis -- this after twenty minutes of "talk".)

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012