Ratings for Dr. David Gardner

I'm a chicken with sensitive teeth. Dr. Gardner and his staff have been looking after me and my family for years. He is the only dentist I have not been terrified of seeing. He's extremely gentle, gives the best no-feel freezing needles, takes obvious pride in his work and pleasing his patients, and both he and his staff are understanding, sympathetic and skilled.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Dr. Gardner and staff have been taking care of my teeth for many years. Decades. Even after a move to BC in 2009 I found it best (tried a Vancouver dentist) to stay with Dr. Gardner. He has referred me to exceptional specialists as well. Yes, I travel from Vancouver to Toronto to see him regularly, he has my complete trust.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

An extremely well managed operation and david is the best there is, holding himself and the practice to a very high standard of excellent - and very pleasant and friendly tone to the business

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Dr Gardner has been my dentist ever since I arrived in Toronto over thirty years ago. He is exceptionally knowledgeable, professional and empathetic. His assistants and hygienists exhibit similar qualities. Never have I ever had to wait more than a couple of minutes for an appointment - surely exceptional for any medical office.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

Dr Gardner said if we rounded my molars then I would not break back teeth due to grinding. I let him make a ‘bite adjustment’ and it was the worst decision I ever made. Soon after the adjustment my front canine veneer cracked because my bite has worsened. The back teeth had been shortened and now the front teeth were hitting hard. When and when he tried to remove it to ‘change’ the veneer he ended up breaking my tooth and without asking me he decided to put a crown which means now my tooth had to be grind down to a stub. I can’t believed I continued to see him after that. He put a crown on one of my lower teeth and the crown was too short. So short that my bite became worse and they had been more impact on my front teeth. In fact the bite is so bad that the front crown he put in has fallen off. I wish I had never let him take anything off my back teeth. I regret ever going to him at all.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2019

David has been my dentist since 1990. Very professional and experienced dentist. Have no issues in recommending him to anyone that is looking for a reliable, experienced dentist.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2019

I started here in 1994 as a patient from a recommendation from a friend and now I live over two hours away and still come for my regular visits. That tells you what type of office this is

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

Dr. Gardner has been my dentist since I arrived in Canada! He and his staff are top notch, very professional, knowledgeable tending to my dental health in the best possible way. Thank you Dr. Gardner and Team!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

I’ve been coming to see Dr. Gardner for years now. Dr. Gardner and his staff are so professional, caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2019

I feel lucky to have David as my dentist for these past years.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2019

Dr. David Gardner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. David Gardner graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto, and did his undergraduate training concurrently at Carleton University in Physiological Psychology and the University of Ottawa in Biochemistry and Physiology. Even then, his passion and professionalism were such that the Dean of Dentistry recommended that he take over the Toronto based practice from the former President of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons upon completing his training in 1981. This practice was given to him after graduation, and to this day, Dr. Gardner continues to treat U of T professors and their families who show their trust and confidence in his work by frequently referring others to his practice.

• English
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1981)
  • Université d'Ottawa University of Ottawa (Grad. 1977)
  • Carleton University (Grad. 1977)

MSP/BC Med