Ratings for Dr. Anish Patel

I really thought this was a good pain mgmt office for the first year and a half I went there. The last time I went they took a urine sample like normal, but called me 2 weeks later and claimed that it came back positive for a drug I have never done! They also said they ran the test in house, well if it was run in house then whyd it take them 2 weeks to call me? I told them there must have been a mistake, this is crazy, it was a false positive, but no they (the doctors) wouldnt speak to me or explain how this would happen. I know false positives can and do happen, and lets just say that mistakes also happen when you dont hire the most competent people. The "positive" result was 2ng over the negative reading. If i had been doing drugs the result would have been much higher like the values of the medications i normally take. They wouldnt even let me give another sample. I have never had anything in my urine that shouldnt have been there, ever!! I actually went to my other doctor and had them submit a sample. I am just disgusted at the way I was treated and I dont understand how such a large practice can be so stupid. Be careful or you may be accused of things you didnt do, and theres NOTHING you can do about it.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

just out for the money! Will just keep giving you shots and drugs. Has no interest in really helping. Will spend only about 60 seconds with me... doesn't sit down, still wearing his lead apron to go give someone a shot. You know there are so many people waiting for him... maybe he is better at his real office, but I see him in Columbia where he is only there 1-2 / week. It is ridiculous! And you better not be in real pain, because it takes weeks and weeks to get in!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I had a bad experience when my urine test showed it was positive for a drug I've never used. When I tried to have them explain what would make this happen, they had no answer for me. I would think the doctors would understand that a mistake was made but they wouldn't even look into it for me. I'm very upset about the whole situation and I am afraid it will happen again. Then what do I do? I'm so confused about the process of where the urine is transferred to (and no one could tell me that either )! I may need to send my urine to another lab. Very unhappy! I wonder if others have had the same problems? Now I have to go there quit often to pee and pay!! I'm not happy :(

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013