Ratings for Dr. Vipul Desai

The nurses are extremely nice and caring. Dr. Timothy Chen and Dr. Bernadette Brown were excellent with hospital care. That's where my compliments end. Dr. Desai was not helpful. He didn't even tell us if the staph infection was improving unless we asked. Before Hurricane Harvey we explained to everyone that we live near Corpus Christi and would need help getting the weekly IV supplies right after the storm. I understand Houston flooded but when the office opened the receptionist was nothing but rude. She refused to let us speak to a doctor and told us it was our problem if we couldn't reach the office. Our family doctor tried calling to get the medical records so we could go to another doctor but was treated just as rudely and her request was denied. The same thing happened when our surgeon's office called HCID. She was told the records and prescription couldn't be transferred. My husband ended up missing 5 days of antibiotics because HCID refused to work with us. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HCID OR DR. VIPUL DESAI!!! *****UPDATE*****Apparently Dr. Desai didn't like my negative review of him or HCID. We were met with a 30 day end of treatment form and told to find a new doctor. Instead of trying to remedy the problems and improve patient care it's easier for them to dismiss the patient. We would have gladly found a new doctor if HCID hadn't held my husband's records and prescription hostage instead of helping him get treatment. Dr. Desai, if you want 5 star reviews then you and HCID should only give patients 5 star care!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr Desai is a great, compassionate, & a knowledgeable doctor! He took the time to listen to me & he understood my frustrations with my illness. He was able to diagnose me when other doctors had failed. Truly remarkable doctor! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012