Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Moorcroft

Dr. Tom has given me back some normalcy to my life after years of battling LYME. He has used antibiotics and also natural supplements, the latter of which I am very grateful for rather than always pumping harmful drugs into me. He always seems to be informed on the latest research. He is very easy to talk to and always has answered my questions. To benefit the most out of a visit one should write down specific concerns.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Tom is very energetic and very intelligent. He's on the young side too - he's not stuffy, he's friendly and likes to joke a bit.. I like his personality. As a doctor, he's extremely thorough. He does a lot of blood testing to collect data, but that's actually a good thing. The office has improved considerably (like a million times better) this year with the additions of a friendly receptionist and competent nurses and medical assistants. His office is getting much busier and I've seen babies, toddlers, kids, teens, adults, and the elderly in the waiting room. Maybe the increased popularity is due to his ILADS lectures. Dr. Tom is a great doctor, especially if you're willing to be the number one player on your healing team (he talks about this in the office handbook) He really appreciates the patients who hold themselves accountable and do what needs to be done to get healthy (like quitting smoking!) I also heard that there are some patients that take advantage of the after hours emergency line and used it to call him to complain that they were t getting better fast enough.. How embarrassing for the patients. He's completely non-judgmental though. Just know that you need to meet him (and any doctor!) at least halfway.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Tom saved my life. What more can I say? His personality is terrific - completely brilliant, compassionate, and kind. He cares. He went through the horror that is Lyme disease himself and brings an amazing level of empathy to his work. He sees the sickest of the sick and is endlessly patient. His lead nurse, Amanda, is wonderful as well. I rave about Dr. Tom to everyone. He's the best.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I would like to say I thought I was going to get the best care for my Lyme. Instead I overheard Dr Moorcroft talking about how annoying I was through the thin walls next to his office! He went on for 10 minutes about how he was the doc and how "effing stupid" I am for asking a simple question on the phone before my visit. I sat angrily now hearing him talk to his medical assistant or nurse about me and then he starts talking trash about another patient who I can hear the name of! I visited this doctor a couple months ago and will never go back for his rude, fake, and entitled attitude. I'm leaving a review now because I'm still so upset about visiting him. Funny thing was he walked into the room like nothing happened but I could feel he knew I heard him talking so loudly about me and other patients. Worst experience ever and I recommend finding someone that holds respect and privacy of patients information strongly. HIPPA is important and so are genuinely nice doctors. I will never step a foot in there again and RECOMMEND You do not either!!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

I have been going for over three years, never seen another patient there. No ever picks up the phone, I think because his staff is busy packing boxes of supplements. Does not care about your sensitivities, deal till you heal, and take 50 different supplements at a time. We are sick, have brain fog and many other issues, he just doesn't care. Just a money making operation, seems like this is a side gig for him, he talks most of our visits. If I wasn't so sick now, I would move on. If you are looking for compassion and an interest in your return to health, keep looking.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Find another. This doctor who has been told numerous times that his staff is doing a poor job and yet can't solve the issues,. This is inept. That is me being kind. Dr Tom is more of a research guy , PhD fella. Does not know how to put it all together and as a result our child became very ill under his care. Some of the supplements that he was so freely selling us were actually having toxic effects. His response was to push thru when you can. WHAT? Obviously very ignorant of methylation issues. He is a one trick pony. Move on and do not waste your money. If you do decide to use him, be very ware and stay on top of everything. He seems to think he is more knowledgeable than he really is.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Doctor is alright, but this practice is a nightmare. They won't accept insurance (which would be okay if they were good), and they're generally rude and don't call you back. Ever. Good luck scheduling appt's and getting refills....

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Tom is very knowledgable and will spend most of your appointment rambling off and siting any and all research that's relevant to what you're experiencing. That's great and all but I'm more interested in talking about what's going on with ME. He does mosy of the talking and when it's time for you to speak, he stands up and heads for the door to end the appointment. He is a very nice guy, which is great however, he has a "hit em hard" approach without taking into account your sensitivities. And once you express how horribly you respond to something, he talks you into useless and expensive supplements. I've seen Dr. Tom off and on for years now and after seeing him recently I'd have to say, regrettably, I would not recommend him. But, if desperate and in need of an LLMD, he is not a BAD choice just not someone I'd recommend. He IS very wishy- washy, as many posters have mentioned so be prepared to make your own decisions about treatment.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. M is a fairly competent doctor, but not great. I agree with the wishy-washy comment. I’ll also add there’s a “hippie-dippie” vibe at the office that’s a bit of a turn off. He kept my kid on zith for too long even though it was not doing anything and kept selling us overpriced useless supplements instead of trying other heavy-duty meds. Don't even start me on the office staff - seven times out of ten they mess something up: either do not call in refills, refill wrong meds, etc. It is a good thing they are not assisting him with brain surgery or anything similarly critical. Still, it is very frustrating that for the money, they can't provide better service - I’m willing to wager the “5-5-5-5” ratings are left by someone affiliated with the practice.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Moorcroft is a wonderful doctor. He is the best doctor I have ever seen, bar none. I've never had a problem at an office visit or once I've come home. Phone calls are returned on the same day. He calls in prescription refills for me way ahead of time, even before I need them. (just write down what you need on the cover sheet at your appointment.) My case is complicated and I call the office once or twice a week. Like I said before, I've *never* had a problem. He and his staff are always happy to see me and seem to genuinely care about me and want to see me recover. I leave each visit with a sense of renewed hope and optimism thanks to Dr . Moorcroft and company. I recommend him far and wide.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015