Ratings for Dr. Sunder Arora

I came from an abusive relationship that left me diagnosed with PTSD,Anxiety and Depression. I was having a tough time coping with these feelings, and so asked my family doctor if I could be referred to a psychiatrist. She had no issues referring me, but insisted I take prescription medications to help with my coping. I didn't feel comfortable doing so, as I felt I had it in me somewhere to overcome my issues, and that all I needed was the help of a professional. This is where Dr.Arora came into my life. I also can't forget to mention his wonderful receptionist Claudia. She is such a warm, kind soul. Always greeting with a smile, and a delight to deal with. Now, back to Dr.Arora, my first appointment with him I was nervous as anyone would be seeing a doctor for their first time. I believe I cried majority of the session, I felt overwhelmed. I managed to explain my situation to him and that I didn't feel comfortable taking medication. Dr.Arora listened with an open heart, and an open mind. He took my feelings into full consideration and assured me that I could overcome my problems without medication. Hearing that from him was a very big ordeal as I had all other doctors pushing medication on me. That first appointment, which was about 7 years ago, was when I knew I was finally in the right hands. I finally found somone who wanted to listen to me, and truly help me. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for luck being on my side, and guiding me to Dr.Arora. I would recommend, and do recommend him to anyone in need of his guidance. He is truly a magical human being, and I feel there should be more out there like him.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I consider myself truly privileged to have had the opportunity of being put in touch with Dr. Aurora more than 10 years ago. I have a family history of depression and have suffered bouts of depression and anxiety on various occasions in my life. Dr. Aurora has always made himself available to provide me guidance, coaching and sound medical advice during difficult times. He has also helped me to develop tools to better deal with life stressors, which have led to significant improvement in my medical condition. I second many of the comments made below (with the exception of the one submitted on July 7, 2013 - which I have difficulty believing is for the same doctor I have known for so long) in that Dr. Aurora truly takes a holistic approach to dealing with mental illness and demonstrates true compassion for his patients. Many thanks Dr. Aurora - I would not be who I am now with your much-appreciated help.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Truly a blessing. I was so Lost for so long, and I can now see how to get past many things. If you really need help - be open honest with yourself, Dr. Arora is AMAZING.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Arora is very knowledgeable, supportive, caring and spiritual. No problem is too challenging, and he always has excellent strategies, books, websites, CD's and supporting activities to recommend.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Sunder Arora for about 6 years and consider myself very fortunate. He is a very knowledgeable and caring presence, with a wide range of helpful skills. I am very grateful for his holistic approach to healing. He has supported me to get to the roots of the issues I have needed to face in order to let go of depression and anxiety. I began seeing him when I was unable to work and as I have healed, he has supported me to discover and allow a new direction, one that is fulfilling and true to my life purpose. His office has been a safe place to meet what needs to be met in order to heal and be free to be joyfully engaged in life. I have also attended some of his workshops, which have been wonderful. I highly recommend his book titled, "Ushering in Heaven, A Psychiatrist's Prescription for Healing, Joy and Spiritual Awakening" I would say he is an exceptional doctor. We need more like him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Arora for the past 4 years. I cannot begin to explain how he has changed my life over this period of time. I had seen many doctors in my life in this profession and no one comes even close to Dr. Aurora. I'm extremely grateful for his services and guidance. I've come such a long way in feeling better, where others had failed.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Arora for 10 years..and thank goodness for that. He has helped me through post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety disorder and helped me to cope with difficult situations in many other areas of my life. He isn't simply a Doctor. He has gone above and beyond to integrate relaxation practices into his sessions and teaches his clients how to incorporate meditation into their daily lives. Dr. Arora has guided me through some of the most troubling times of my life and I look to him for life guidance and wisdom. He trains you to be the best version of yourself. He is humble, unique, valued, respected and loved by his clients, colleagues, friends and family. Any individual would be lucky to have Dr. Arora and his professional but warm staff in their lives.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Arora for approximately 5 years and over that time my anxiety and depression have been largely alleviated. At the same time he REDUCED my medication and taught me relaxation techniques. He is interesting in that the naturally (and capably) combines Eastern and Western perspectives (such as mainstream yoga techniques and pharmacological intervention when needed)and tailors his skills to the individual needs of the client. I have always felt utterly empowered, safe and respected in his office - and I usually leave having learned something practical and insightful. He also did wonders, I dare say saved the life of, my teen daughter. A wonderful, caring, professional and wise man.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr Arora is by far the best psychiatric professional I have ever worked with. With his help, I have been able to manage my mood, without being overly reliant on medication. Today, I am a content and happy individual, and I apply his coaching on a continuous basis, be it in my professional life or my personal life. In addition, He is kind, genuinely caring and loving - he engages his patients and is engaged by them as well. I believe he has a true life purpose, and is in this profession for all the RIGHT reasons. Anyone who gets to work with him should consider him/herself extremely lucky.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Very helpful and understanding. He's fabulous-very comforting, very thorough, very friendly, kind and compassionate. He pays attention to what I say and is a very thorough doctor. When I had a problem and needed help, he listened and helped me. I have been seeing him for the last 7 years and everytime I see him I come out like a enlightened person. God bless.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013