Ratings for Dr. Barbara Armstrong

Dr. Armstrong is a great therapist who knows and remembers her patients and treats them with a kind heart. If not for her close and caring watch and gentle proddings, I can say without doubt that I would not be alive today. She is a brilliant psychologist - exceptionally competent and intelligent. Decisive, compassionate and calm. She takes the time to listen and communicate properly, being able to absorb people's pain and anxieties empatheticly but without losing focus. Her integrity is without question. I am so thankful to have had her as my therapist.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Armstrong was my therapist for about 6 months. I discontinused treatment with her after I realized she was making me feel worse about myself, and her sessions were bringing me down more than they were helping. I felt attacked and put down by her during a time in my life where I was dealing with some very difficult life circumstances. Words can't describe how hurtful that was. I would not recommend her services to anyone dealing with anxiety or depression.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

I would not be alive today if not for Dr. Armstrong.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Death in my family (father/brother/mother) were all addiction related.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I first crossed paths with Dr Barbara Armstrong back in the 1980's as a prisoner in her treatment centre within the prison in Burritts Rapids. I best remember her angry management courses where she compared us to animals in the way we become angry. ( Spot the dog!). After my fifth sentence with her I graduated to more secure treatment settings so we lost track of each other. Dr Barbara was my first introduction to 30 more years of psychology. Unfortunately my life got much worse before it finally got a little better now at the hard age of 55.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Love Barb she is one my fav therapist to date and I've seen many! She knows her stuff 😊

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

One of the hardest things is to ask for help . . . and when you do it is similar to falling backwards into someones arms. Well, Dr. Barbara Armstrong is there not only to catch you but to help you to get back on your feet. I can't thank her enough for giving me the courage and strength to fight to get my life back. She is an amazing, wise, witty and no-nonsense psychologists. I'd give her 10 stars if I could!

Submitted November 12, 2015

I have been working with Dr. Armstrong for the past few months. Her insight and methods have been tremendously helpful to me to deal with long time issues and also with "every day" issues that I come across. I have had negative experiences with Psychologists in the past and was a bit hesitant to consult again, but Dr. Armstrong was able to build a relationship of trust and support almost immediately. Her experience and humanity have been invaluable to me. I highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a no nonsense and practical approach to life

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

After Dr. Armstrong's intervention, my circumstances have deteriorated to the point of no return. It seems that if one posts a negative experience here, one can be victimized again, because everything said by the victim can be held against them and it becomes a "he said, she said" situation. I highly recommend that no one uses the services of this person.

Submitted November 30, 2013

Barb was my counsellor / therapist about 6 years ago. Her breadth and depth of experience combined with her insightfulness and clear speaking made my experience an excellent one. I would unreservedly recommend her. In fact, I just contacted her to set up some more appointments.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013