Ratings for Dr. Tony Kostos

Absolute crook. He should be deregistered. How can Worksafe allow these corrupt IMEs to exist. All workcover insurance companies should also be deregistered. What a sham.. destroying injured workers lives with so called Medico legal reports. They should be charged with fraud.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Should be struck off the medical register for fraudulent reports when involved with insurance reviews, saw me for approximately 15 minutes in total, examined for approximately 5 minutes disagreed with the insurance company's own Neurosurgeon and Orthopedic Surgeons and multiple other specialists that I have seen citing that in his "opinion" that none of my work place injuries were work related even though they were thoroughly investigated and witnessed and caused by my boss and another witness who accepted liability as did WorkSafe some years ago...adding that I am the type of person that would have these injuries regardless and that all my treatment be stopped...noticed a few favorable reviews here that appear to me to be most likely either fake of non insurance related.......

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

this bias "insurance paid doctor" can over turn a diagnosis in a 40 min appointment. even though all the previous medical evidence over 10 years states other wise.....avoid him at all costs.....

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Specialises in falsifying reports for workcover. Utterly disgraceful. Should be banned.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Paid insurance doctor. Manipulates english language, provides false statements to support workcover, including detrimental recommendations to genuinely injured patients forced to see him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

This man should not be practicing in this profession. He is a mercenary, paid by the insurance company to say what they want him to say in his report.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Found this Doctor to be very efficient and knowledable and helped me greatly

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr Kostos does not know what his talking about because my father had a hip replacement it's in the family history that I had to have a full knee replacement my father had a bullet go through his leg during the war and was limping thru all his life and at the age of 85 had a hip replacement and the Dr tells me that it runs in the family (oseoarthritis) he shouldn't be practicing it's as simple as that

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I was sent to see Dr Kosta by my Insurance Company. I had a workplace injury 22 years ago which was diagnosed as RSI/OOS by my GP. The claim was accepted by said Insurance, who proceeded to pay for treatment, including a 12 month return to work programme, and home help. The only help I get now is the housework and ironing. Dr Kostos saw me once, for a relatively short visit and some examination but no x-rays. He claims my injury was misdiagnosed, it was something I am sure I didn't have at that time and was (naturally) not work related. My GP is on extended sick leave and is unable to defend his good name. My claim has been rejected on his recommendation - he has more letters after his name than my GP.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Seen Kostos since 2009, as soon as he saw me get up and walk he knew what was wrong. I would not have the mobility I have now if I hadn't seen him. I read other reviews and they say a very short appointment - that's because (unbeknown to you) the appointment starts as soon as you start to get up from your chair. I've been called to find out if I'm ok and follow up on me. Also to add I am now on workcover and he is excellent in helping me understand everything, helps me even though ive been very stubborn and thought I knew better. (head hung down) Yes Tony knows better, If I had listened I would be better earlier.. Yes his appointments can be short but that is because HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017