You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Anthony Ham Pong

I am a mid-20's year old male who since a very young age has been severly allergic to peanuts. I hadn't had an allergy test done in over 10 years, and I was referred to Dr. Hampong by a friend. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Dr. Hampong: he was extremely knowledgeable, and took the time to explain what my allergy actually was to me, as well as the results of my test. His assistant was also very knowledgeable, gentle, and patient. Dr. Hampong also provided me with several documents (that he authored himself!) that further describe my allergy, symptoms, and ways to comfortably and safely live with it. Overall, I very much enjoyed my experience with Dr. Hampong, and would highly reccomend anyone to him and his practise.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

We saw another allergist, who has a really good review on this website, for our two year old son. The other allergist said our son didn't have a sesame allergy or any other allergy. A few months later our son had a severe allergic reaction and we went to CHEO. The emergency doctor referred us to Dr Ham Pong. I read the reviews on Dr Ham Pong and was expecting him to be direct or rude. When we arrived he told me to leave our stroller in the waiting room because it would not fit in his small office; his tone was direct. He also asked me some questions and expected straight forward answers, but sometimes I was unsure of things. He then performed the allergy test for my 2 year old son, and concluded that he was severely allergic to sesame (son's arm was red and swollen where he pricked him with sesame). He also did an allergy test for our 1 year old daughter, out of courtesy, even though she wasn't the one referred to him initially. The whole time Dr Ham Pong was extremely cautious, took his time and closely examined our kids after the tests, and you can tell he takes his job very seriously. He is extremely knowledgeable, and was actually very kind to our family. We made a couple of jokes and we were all laughing; he's actually really nice! Most importantly, he saved our son's life by getting to the bottom of his allergy. The previous allergist didn't even know what he was doing; he was friendly but clearly not as detailed or knowledgeable. I'm so grateful that we saw Dr Ham Pong. Yes he is into his work, takes his job seriously and may not be interested in talking to you about the weather. He does his job, he knows what he's doings and is extremely knowledgeable. That's more important than how direct he could be at times. Not everybody has good social skills; what matters most to us is a Dr who takes his time and cares enough to give us as much info as possible and to get to the bottom of things. He was good with our kids too. They gave our son a lollipop after his allergy test; he was quite content.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Dr. Pong no doubt is knowlegeable but I have serious concerns about his lack of professionalism and hostile and aggressive behavior unlike anything I have ever seen. He practically ripped the stool from me when I sat in the hall to finish my $5 Starbucks coffee. He stormed into the hall and yelled at me about it being a fire hazard. Um. Sorry! I am a 50 something executive who politely advised reception that I would not surrender my coffee but please could they get me in the hall - clearly they sicked him on me it was pathetic and over the top. Patients are not respected and way overbooked - standing room only at 8 am! VERY unprofessional non patient centric enviro and staff.

Submitted December 16, 2015

I have been going to doctor Ham Pong since I was a kid and now take my children. He is very personable and great with children. He was able to get my allergies and asthma under control. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

The receptionist was horrible. I got there 15 mins early. She cancelled my appointment said I had done so. If I had cancelled would I be there. She argued with me and was rude. The doctor may be good but his staff was horrible. Shitty staff - Don't go there and the room looks run down, smelled bad and had it jammed full of people.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Ham Pong is the most knowledgeable allergist who provides the most helpful medical services and diagnosis a patient could ask for. His expertise always gives me confidence every time I leave his office.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I took my daughter there a couple of weeks ago and had a great experience. The Dr was very knowledgeable and reassuring, and the nurse was fantastic. Just thought I would share my positive experience, as this site seems to be populated by negative comments.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Anthony Ham Pong's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a mid-20's year old male who since a very young age has been severly allergic to peanuts. I hadn't had an allergy test done in over 10 years, and I was ref..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We saw another allergist, who has a really good review on this website, for our two year old son. The other allergist said our son didn't have a sesame allergy ..."

February 7, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pong no doubt is knowlegeable but I have serious concerns about his lack of professionalism and hostile and aggressive behavior unlike anything I have ever ..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to doctor Ham Pong since I was a kid and now take my children. He is very personable and great with children. He was able to get my allergies..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic doctor! Had no issues with the doctor. Receptionist was a bit cold to us. "

November 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The receptionist was horrible. I got there 15 mins early. She cancelled my appointment said I had done so. If I had cancelled would I be there. She argued with..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Honestly it was fine. The waiting room is small, so only go yourself or if you're with a child, only 1 parent should go. He was good with 8month old. "

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Completely cured me of my peanut allergy. I don't know what to say to you other than thank you!!!"

August 26, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K1G 4G3". Address has been updated from "None" to "1929 Russell Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16135263500".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ham Pong is the most knowledgeable allergist who provides the most helpful medical services and diagnosis a patient could ask for. His expertise always give..."

May 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took my daughter there a couple of weeks ago and had a great experience. The Dr was very knowledgeable and reassuring, and the nurse was fantastic. Just thoug..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The few times I've taken my children to see him, the waits were terrible (and in a tiny, crowded waiting room). I felt rushed by him, like he didn't want to ans..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Waited for an hr and a half! The nurse is awesome. The Dr. Might be knowledgeable but when asked a question he is TOTALLY annoyed! He asked me to show him h..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have never had an issue with this doctor, been seeing him for 3 years. Yes he is straight to the point but he addresses the issues at hand. Waiting time sucks..."

September 22, 2014