Ratings for Dr. Alex Tsiaprailis

Always on time and very knowledgable. Will go extra mile to explain things in"english"

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

My Mom was just diagnosed with a very difficult condition. We first met him as the neurologist on call in the ER. We liked him and his dry sense of humor immediately. As rare as it was, he was knowledgeable about her condition, straight forward and thorough. He may come off as dismissive as some may suggest, however, you can see his brain working to filter out the facts to come up with a conclusion. Neurology seems like a very complicated medical field and of all the neurologists that we saw in the hospital (we saw 4 different ones during her month long stay), we liked him the best. Would highly recommend to anyone going through nerve/spine/brain issues.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I saw Dr. Tsiaprailis with complaints of undiagnosed neurological-like symptoms. After a short physical, he came to the conclusion that my symptoms were psychosomatic, and suggested I talk to my GP to go on anti-depressants. I would have normally welcomed any suggestions, but when I explained to him that I was neither depressed nor anxious, he was very dismissive and unwilling to offer me any alternative possibilities, or referrals to different doctors. I wonder what authority a neurologist has in diagnosing psychological conditions? Anyway, despite his lack of help, I have since been properly diagnosed with a genetic condition. I think Dr. Tsiaprailis is a knowledgeable doctor, but it is not helpful to his patients to be so dismissive or unwilling to help when he cannot immediately find an obvious answer to their health complaints.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

For me he is the best doctor and a life saver for me. He saved my life by diagnosing the disease on time and start-red the treatment on time and i am a survivor of a life threatening disease and fully understand the values of a capable doctor he is the best. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

This doctor is extremely knowledgeable and explains things very well. His compassionate approach establishes a great doctor patient relationship. He has a very short temper but he absolutely knows his stuff. Have dealt with hundreds of doctors over the years, because of my past health history, and he is by far the most intelligent in his field. Note, he may seem dismissive but only when he recognizes that a patient is at a lower risk than someone else. I recommend him 100 per cent. He has an abrasive personality, but is the best neurologist in the field.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr. Tsiaprailis is very knowledgeable, takes the time to exam the patient and to listen to the patient, extremely friendly, kind and caring. He is sorting out my meds, he is not a pill pusher, sending me for correct tests. Makes sure that I come back for follow up appointments to see how progress is going, has long term approach in mind. If you get referred to him, consider yourself extremely lucky!!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Secretary was rude, never on time, doctor was dismissive, was not compassionate, did not like being questioned, only spoke in medical terms, conducted minimal testing, basically said that if he can't see the symptoms such as numbness or tingleing like you would a limp then they arn't something to be concerned about because they aren't affecting the ability to conduct everyday tasks. Explained years of on/off numbness and tingleing in the face and hand to be the result of siting or laying funny without adequate testing. He also got frustrated easily and made you feel like you were waisting his time. Actual time with doctor was very short and felt rushed. VERY long wait times to get an appointment and follow up appointments. Practice is in a mall with an eye doctor and a chiropractor. Office is very busy. Had multiple vists with this doctor between 2008 and 2011 and did not recieve any explainantion for my initial complaint. I would not recommend!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012