Ratings for Dr. Mark A.J. Dexter

Dr Dexter is so gifted, he is an amazing dr so kind, caring and gentle... you feel so safe under him.... thanks for fixing up our little princess...... would recommend him to everyone.....

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Brilliant, amazing neurosurgeon with a heart of gold who saved my life and gave me my quality of life back. I had a failed microvascular decompression for right hemifacial spasm in 2014 by another doctor and unfortunately lost my right hearing and also had the complication of a blood clot in the left brain (later resolved with steriods). It was a traumatic experience and hence hard to make the decision for a re-op but I was lucky to have found Dr Dexter. Dr Dexter gave me confidence right from our first consultation where he pointed out where the first op went wrong and he answered all my many questions and took all my concerns on board. I can’t be happier, I’m having the best recovery, twitches are gone the minute I woke up from the GA, I didn’t have any double vision like my last surgery and I discharge from hospital tomorrow after a week. I can’t recommend him enough for anyone who needs help in this area.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

My three year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare Tumour is the spine. Dr Dexter was so kind and gentle and. Rock star of a surgeon who managed to remove her Tumour with no damage to the spinal cord. We are forever grateful and indebted to him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

An awesome neurosurgeon. The best ever. Safed my life more than once. SdB

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr Dexter is the best neurosurgeon I have ever meet, He is a very kind and gentle man who is extremely competent about what he does. Finally after 27 years of this Epilepsy I am now better to his work so thank you for everything, you are very special to me & my family for the wonderful work you have done & the lovely man you are, a top Doctor. SP

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr Dexter removed my meningioma - he is the best neurosurgeon I’ve come across. He is highly competent, does comprehensive follow ups, keeps you informed and above all, he is a kind and gentle man, which you will really appreciate when you’re in this predicament. Thank you for saving my life and giving me this time with my family. No way we could repay you. GR

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

An amazing man, so much knowledge and so kind. Wouldn't of chosen any other doctor. Highly recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Amazing man! He has given me my life back! After dealing with epilepsy which was slowly worsening over time, Dr Dexter was able to remove the small area in my brain which was the trigger point for the seizures and now almost 1 year later I am seizure free :-)

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

I was referred to Dr Dexter in around august 2016 after I was suffering severe headaches... now since I was born I have had a benign tumour at the base of my skull. but after numerous test it showed that the cause of my severe headaches was that the tumour was growing and as it was increasing in size it started pulling on my spinal chord, Dr Dexter said if something wasn't to be done soon I would go paralysed down my left side. 4th of October 2016 he operated on me and he was confident he removed my whole tumour. 5 months on I have never felt better! I highly recommend this amazing Neurosurgeon!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I had the good fortune to be referred to Dr Mark Dexter for assessment and recommendation for treatment of a newly diagnosed Vestibular Schwannoma. I found Dr Dexter to be thorough in his assessment and he clearly discussed all options for the management of my condition. As a nurse I have many years of experience dealing with surgeons and physicians. I highly recommend Dr Dexter and I thank him again for his kind and expert care of me.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016