Ratings for Dr. Mihaly Kis

Dr Kis operated on my 73 year old mother who had COPD June 20 th 2018. My mom was very nervous at the initial appointment but he explained everything clearly and in terms that a normal human can understand. His honour was impeccable and I don’t think my mom would have done the surgery with anyone else. He was very calming for our family and had patience fir all the questions we had. My mom had a pituitary cyst /tumour that was affecting her vision, balance and was causing her pituitary gland to not function properly which was giving her a terrible way of life. His bedside manor was amazing- he came to see us the day of surgery and reassured us that things would be great and they were!! After a little over 2.5 hours he came out to tell us he was very pleased (with his usual amazing humour) and he really saved her life She had the surgery 2 weeks ago today and is doing AMAZING. I even took her shopping to Walmart. He us one in s million and we would recommend him to everyone - we can’t thank him enough!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr. Kis is an angel, he saved my Life. I became very ill around September of 2017 and then a few months later after doing an MRI I found I had a cyst in my brain. We met with several surgeons, and specialists and they didn’t know what type of tumor it was. After doing more tests they concluded that it was Neurocysticercosis (parasite that had travelled into the 4th ventricle of my brain). We didn’t have much luck finding a doctor that could help us. Some surgeons mentioned that I could take medicine which I found out later could have killed me. We found Dr. Kis through the Internet and read some of his Google reviews. In the reviews we read about another patient who had a similar situation who Dr. Kis saved, so we immediately asked my family doctor to get referred to him. A week later we had an appointment booked with Dr. Kis. When we arrived his office assistant Nancy was very friendly. She new I was nervous to be there but she made me feel comfortable by saying that I was in good hands with Dr. Kis. And boy what she right! Dr. Kis took the time to meet with us for an hour and a half, went through the MRI images and was very thorough in explaining to us that the best thing to do. He said we needed to remove the cyst because it was in the fourth ventricle that was blocking spinal fluid to my brain and could cause sudden death. He explained the whole surgery procedure and made us feel very comfortable. I was scared for my life but he made me feel so at peace and was so confident that the surgery would go well. We booked the surgery that day and two weeks later on December 8th the surgery was done and it was successful. He saved my life…. I will never forget that day….. He is an outstanding surgeon and human being. He really cares for his patients as if they are his own family and I will be forever grateful to him. Now I can enjoy my life again, sick free and will be here for my 2 young children and baby. Thank you for everything Dr. Kis, my angel.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr.Kis is such an amazing doctor and human being. He was thorough and clear concise with his explanations. He knows his patients by name and our family cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

His bedside manner is outstanding and personality warm and soothing. He explained everything in an easy to understand language. He was humorous and was able to calm our fears. All doctors should be like him!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I was told by my family doctor on Feb. 27, 2017 that I had a tumor on my brain. For 2 months after until I met with Dr. Kis I didn't know whether I had cancer or not. Then I saw Dr. Kis in late April and the first thing he said when I went into his office was, don't worry it's not cancer! My 22 year old daughter came with me to our first meeting and we talked with him for about an hour and a half. What other Dr. does that? He talked to me on a level that I could understand and we joked a few times, even under the worst circumstances that I've ever had to deal with. I won't say that I wasn't scared before surgery, but I would've been out of mind if he wasn't as confident and reassuring as he was. It's been 6 months since my surgery and I'm doing great. There are no words to express the gratitude that my kids and I have for Dr. Kis. He is a truly amazing doctor and an even better human being. Keep up the great work, you are a rockstar, and My Hero!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I'm a patient with Neurocysticercosis with multiple elisions and one cyst in intra ventricular ,critical location with high risk. Dr Kis performed this surgery and I flew from Calgary specially to him and an AMAZING doctor ,life saviour , amazing attention to detail and amazingly nice friendly .. wishing Dr Kis and his family all the best always . The only neurosurgeon to have performed this type of surgery in Canada and has done it 3 times now You ROCK dr Kis !

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

While hospitalized for a stroke I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor. Dr. Kis professionalism, friendliness and genuine caring made it all made sense in that nonsensical period in my life. I have been well and recuperating under his advice, and just to prove him right, I will be determined to just do that because he genuinely cares about the patient in me. Dr. Kis is a remarkable genius in a ball of fire. Merci d'avoir change ma vie pour le mieux.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Surgery Wednesday, home on Friday. Many thanks to Dr. Kis and his surgical team, the wonderful pre and post op teams at Mississauga Hospital. A quick recovery was assured with their wonderful care. I had no worries or reservations about the operation being under the care of Dr. Kish a wonderful, caring and very talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was home in 2 days !!!! after a surgery for removal of pituitary tumour performed by Dr. Kis Brilliant neurosurgeon and an exceptional human being. I am humbled by his kindness and humility. Words cannot express my gratitude for everything Dr. Kis has done for me and my family

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Kis is an angel. He performed a Cervical Laminectomy for a tumour on me. He had the confidence and decisiveness to pursue the operation. Further more he had the skill and expertise to execute it. From the moment of meeting Dr. Kis, I felt I was taken care of, I cannot state this enough. His positive attitude made me feel at ease with what could've otherwise been a difficult process. I want to thank him deeply from the bottom of my heart for his commitment to excellence and truly being a wonderful human being. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017