Ratings for Dr. Robert Y. Wang

I have been looking for a surgeon to help me with my shoulder for many years. A big thank you to Doctor Wang and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I had surgery performed on my shoulder by Dr. Wang in January of this year Unfortunately the damage to my shoulder was so severe that he could not repair it I went to a follow appointment weeks after my surgery expecting the worst Dr. Wang told me that a relatively new surgery was available if I wanted to have a second surgery This just told me that he really cares about his patiences and wasn't going to give up on my injury I'm scheduled for this surgery in the very near future and I'm excited that I may have my injury corrected Update to follow

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I've been a patient for years. Excellent surgeon with excellent bedside manners. Not sure why all the negativity and very false accusations towards his secretary. She's helped myself and my family a great deal..what Ive noticed most sitting in the waiting room waiting for my turn...is how his secretary stays calm and organized under pressure. I've been to some offices. No comparison. Thanks Dr Wang....and thank you to your secretary on doing a great job.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

There is no question that the doctor's secretary is harsh, insensitive, incompetent, disorganized, and negligent in her duties to patients. She fails to return calls and have inquiries followed up. She rarely answers the phone and is abrupt when spoken to in person. This is inexcusable and woefully unsatisfactory behaviour, completely lacking professional decorum. I agree with the many comments that other have made regarding her ability. Being busy is not a valid reason for never returning a phone call. It is incomprehensible that she remains employed by this doctor, whose abilities as a surgeon seem to be largely beyond reproach. Nevertheless, due to his secretary's blatant disregard for customer service and painfully obvious lack of administrative ability, I may be shopping for another surgeon simply to ensure I receive reasonable feedback, something which is not forthcoming from this secretary.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been under Dr. Wang's care for the past few years for a knee injury. He is an excellent surgeon and takes the time with me to explain the various details, options and procedures. Surgery went exceptionally well and I would rate his bedside manners, some of the best out there. His secretary has always been helpful and never an issue. The old saying, how you treat others is how you will be treated.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

a gem of a person committed to excellence in every step of the way. These are the doctors when you meet you want for life. I just met him today but his assessment was extremely accurate caring well thought out and his understanding and compassion were truly in line with his excellent communication skills.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

He is a fantastic doctor, secretary is quite rude and often does not answer the phone, on average I have to call her 3-4 times. She's not very helpful and quite snappy.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Wang is a competent and thorough specialist. The only unfortunate feature of his practice is his secretary. We have left numerous voicemail messages for her to call back, but she has completely ignored us. We would then call back every 5 minutes until she decided to pick up the call. We wanted to know if a report was prepared by Dr. Wang. No explanation from her whatsoever. And absolutely nothing on our part to provoke her to such pathetic and rude behaviour. She undoubtedly is a bitter, miserable woman who wishes to exercise her so-called power by making innocent patients suffer. I pity her. Someone like her should not be employed, least of all in a medical setting where a little compassion and sensitivity goes a long way.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I had my shoulder surgery done with him to repair the ruptured muscle. The surgery went so well that my shoulder now feels better than ever before. The doctor was very professional and assisted me throughout.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I too have been a patient of Dr.Wang's for a few years. He did both my shoulders. Fantastic job. Personally, i think his secretary is very pleasant, polite and professional. ACL patient...your comment "shes so lazy" uncalled for.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr. Robert Y. Wang's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 2002)