Ratings for Dr. Sara Zahiri

We've (family of four) been going to Dr Zahiri for a few years now. The appointments have always been on time and Dr Zahiri and her staff have been very professional.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I had my toddler scratch me in the eye. I called several different eye clinics including my own eye doctor who told me to either go to a walk in or emergency room. I tried this office and they took me in as an emergency right away. They were very professional and I was happy I didn't have to go to the emergency room for treatment. They have won me over. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have been coming here with my family for 3 years and have had nothing but a good experience. The staff and the doctor are professional and we are all happy with the glasses and service.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I'm so surprised to see the positive reviews for this Doctor. The clinic was very dirty ( I mean dirty...not just untidy, although it certainly was that too!) That made me uneasy about her putting drops in my eyes when clearly a sanitary environment was not a priority! I also found it very unprofessional that she would start talking about the cost of glasses during the actual examination portion of the appointment. It felt like she was already starting the sales pitch on me before the exam was done. When I asked Dr. Zahiri if I actually needed bi-focals, she tried to explain that if I didn't get them now then my eyes would get so bad that even the bi-focals wouldn't help. That didn't seem logical to me and after a little checking, I discovered that she was not at all correct. When I left her office I threw my prescription out and booked an appointment with another doctor. I had no confidence in her exam and kicked my self for not doing more research before I wasted my good money.

Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Zahiri is the best! She is helpful and kind and really shows she cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Very knowledgeable, patient and always on time. She thoroughly discussed each of my concerns. I have recommended her to everyone I know.! Thank you so much Dr. Zahiri.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Very friendly and knowledgeable eye doctor. GREAT selection of designer frames at good prices. I have recommended their optometrist to all my friends and family in Ottawa. Will be back!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Best Optometrist in Ottawa! I go with her with my 3 kids, 1, 3, and 5. She is great with children and very patient. She never rushes you and takes her time to answer all of your questions. I was referred to her by my sister-in-law and now my whole family has switched over.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Excellent service... Dr. Zahiri has a high level of knowledge and is very professional. Best optometrist I have ever had.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

This doctor saved my life. My boyfriend wears glasses and after I sat through his exam, I decided to get one too after I noticed how great she was. I was having a lot of headaches and my family doctor couldn't figure out the cause. She squeezed me in because I live a little far, and it turned out I didn't need glasses, but she checked the health of my eyes and told me I needed to be seen immediately for an MRI and a neurologist. She sent me straight to the hospital, it turns out I had a lot of pressure building up inside my brain. She literally saved my life. I cant thank her enough. I wish all doctors were this thorough. I had visited my family doctor several times, she never caught a thing, even though I complained of constant headaches. If it wasn't for Dr Zahiri, I don't know where I would be today. I had no idea that so much could be determined from an eye exam.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014